Jul 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am having a major windows issue with a new pc that I just built.

Nothing seems to work properly, for example discord won't install and Icue wont open without going into the file location and running it as admin. Also nvdia crashes when downloading a new driver update. Have been having no luck, even tried installing windows again three times. Also all of the right drivers are installed for the MB. Now I grabbed the ssd and tossed it into my current pc and everything runs smoothly, no issues opening apps and no issues running updates on Nvdia. Nothing crashes what so ever. Any advice on what the issue could be ?

Specs of the new pc:
Ryzen 3900XT
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master
Corsair Vengeance Ram 32GB (2 sets of 2 8gb sticks)
EVGA 2080 Super Black Edition
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
MSI Mag liquid cooler
EVGA 750W PSU

Jul 29, 2020
I just updated the bios, turns out the bios version wasn't compatible for the XT versions of processors, so far everything seems to be running smoothly after updating and installing drivers again. If the issue persists, will try removing 1 set of ram.

Jul 29, 2020
Still having the same issues, tried swapping out ram, same thing. Currently running just one set of ram sticks. Even reinstalled windows with the correct drivers after updating bios. Applications still don't work properly, they open whenever they want after me trying to run them in admin mode multiple time. PC it self doesn't run slowly at all. CPU temps are normal. Damn near ready to lose my mind.

Jul 29, 2020
Still having the same issues, tried swapping out ram, same thing. Currently running just one set of ram sticks. Even reinstalled windows with the correct drivers after updating bios. Applications still don't work properly, they open whenever they want after me trying to run them in admin mode multiple time. PC it self doesn't run slowly at all. CPU temps are normal. Damn near ready to lose my mind.

Have also noticed that apps that do open tend to flicker and don't display visuals properly.

Jul 29, 2020
I ended up downloading the driver I needed from Nvidia manually, it installed just fine. I did offline setup and didn't link any accounts. I am trying the magician software now. However since it worked fine on my old pc I am assuming that the SSD is not the issue.

Jul 29, 2020
I just ran the magician test, drive health is good. And yes latest version of windows, I used the media creation tool and used 3 different USB sticks to be sure that windows installs smoothly. It just really weird because when I place this drive into my old pc and boot from this ssd legit everything works perfect. I have never had this sort of issue before...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jul 29, 2020
First thing I did was check the compatibility list, so def not that. I think I’m going to just return the board and get either the same one or an X570 and see if the problem persists. Come to think of it, I’ve had issues with two of the four gigabyte motherboards that I’ve had. So wouldn’t be surprised.

Jul 29, 2020
I replaced the motherboard and got a Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard, runs smoother but all issues still persist(but not as bad). Is it safe to assume that the cpu could be bad?

TRENDING THREADS