Question New PC user please help

Feb 21, 2020
I bought an Alienware PC about 2 years ago because I wanted to try a pre built before I build my own. I thought I picked good hardware at the time. Here are the specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU 3.20GHz
RAM: 32 GB Dual Channel HyperX
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda St2000dm001 2TB 7200RPM 64MB
No Optical Drive
Killer Wireless AC1535

monitor : Dell Ultrasharp 27” 4k
Resolution: 3840x2160

I played Battlefield V back when it came out and was able to run it almost max minus the ray tracing craziness. I wasn’t able to use my pc to playing anything for a while, but now whenever I try to play at my screens allowed resolution it is SO slow. Even a much older game like FarCry 3 gives me trouble.
I don’t know if I’m missing a basic setting I need to change or if my pc isn’t as good as I thought it was.

You should probably first make sure all WIndows updates and Nvidia drivers are done/installed...

You can at test your CPU's clock speeds at load with HWMonitor and CPU-Z/stress CPU...; note what clock speeds are sustained under an all-core load, and, CPU temps, and report back those values after a 15 minute run...

Feb 21, 2020
You should probably first make sure all WIndows updates and Nvidia drivers are done/installed...

You can at test your CPU's clock speeds at load with HWMonitor and CPU-Z/stress CPU...; note what clock speeds are sustained under an all-core load, and, CPU temps, and report back those values after a 15 minute run...
At the resolution it’s supposed to handle its showing:
GPU1 25 degrees c
GPU1 0% usage
GPU2 99% usage
CPU 43 degrees c
CPU 2-3% usage
RAM 12121 MB
5 FPS