[SOLVED] New PSU recommendation for around 85 USD ?

AloyDeo

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
i've been laying around finding psu, and i found Xigmatek minotaur 650w 80+ gold i find it pretty cheap than others and it has full range of volt from 100-240v, it also has full modular cable, and i wonder if this PSU was good for 85 US$ ?

I also got option for
Antec Neo eco semi modular 80+ bronze for 72 US$
FSP M85+ 650w 80+ silver semi modular for 77 US$
Super Flower Leadex 650W SF 80+SILVER FULL MODULAR for 88 US$

im upgrading from my seasonic s12-ii 550w

Solution
Andyson has only built 1 respectable psu that I'm aware of, everything else has been mediocre or worse.

Some of that is their fault, but most isn't, Andyson (like most others) is a build to suit OEM, they don't spec the parts, the customer (vendor) does. Quality of build is one thing, quality of components in the build or the platform itself is something entirely different.

Xigmatek has been around for years, and used to have decent stuff too, but has slacked off there as other companies took over the lions share of the market. So it becomes put out the cheapest parts possible at a decent price and hope they don't fail vs put out better products at a reduced profit margin and go under.
i've been laying around finding psu, and i found Xigmatek minotaur 650w 80+ gold i find it pretty cheap than others and it has full range of volt from 100-240v, it also has full modular cable, and i wonder if this PSU was good for 85 US$ ?

I also got option for
Antec Neo eco semi modular 80+ bronze for 72 US$
FSP M85+ 650w 80+ silver semi modular for 77 US$
Super Flower Leadex 650W SF 80+SILVER FULL MODULAR for 88 US$

im upgrading from my seasonic s12-ii 550w
What country are you located in and where will you buy from?

Usually you have better options at the price range than those mentioned PSU. But the Xigmatek Minotaur is the best one out of the four you mentioned.

I disagree, apart from fact the leadex is only 220-240v (which matters not a jot if that matches your countriess mains voltage) its virtually on a level with the leadex gold.

That's one of the best psu's out there.

I would absolutely take the Leadex silver over an Andyyson manufactured unit any day of the week.

I disagree, apart from fact the leadex is only 220-240v (which matters not a jot if that matches your countriess mains voltage) its virtually on a level with the leadex gold.

That's one of the best psu's out there.

I would absolutely take the Leadex silver over an Andyyson manufactured unit any day of the week.
It's a "very cost down" Leadex Gold, I believe I saw the internal shots on Jonnyguru forums back then. Sadly it's down now. What's wrong with Andyson? They have been in business for quite long and they do have nice units here and there.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Andyson has only built 1 respectable psu that I'm aware of, everything else has been mediocre or worse.

Some of that is their fault, but most isn't, Andyson (like most others) is a build to suit OEM, they don't spec the parts, the customer (vendor) does. Quality of build is one thing, quality of components in the build or the platform itself is something entirely different.

Xigmatek has been around for years, and used to have decent stuff too, but has slacked off there as other companies took over the lions share of the market. So it becomes put out the cheapest parts possible at a decent price and hope they don't fail vs put out better products at a reduced profit margin and go under.

Reactions: Archaic59
Solution

Not really, they have more than just one. Andyson N and Andyson TX are some of the best PSUs on the market. Some of their creations such as Antec Neo Eco Gold, Silverstone Essential Gold, EVGA GD, are not the best units out there, but they are great options when the price is right. There is also Aerocool Project 7 which is a good PSU. They do however have many crap low-end units, but that doesn't mean they are a slouch.