New Ryzen build (newbie)

Jul 31, 2018
Hi everyone, hope it didn't double post. Seems my previous post didn't go through.

Just built a new PC (Ryzen 2400g, ASRock b350 gaming k4, wd blue sad, Kingston 8gb 3200 ram) and it seems the performance is poor. It's slower than my few years old laptop (yoga 2 pro i7). Is this just a crappy CPU? Or have I done something wrong? Is there a way to check?

I have already updated all the drivers, before doing that the system kept freezing (what a pain it was).

Thanks for any help offered.

Jul 31, 2018
No yellow questions in device manager and I've updated the bios to the latest. Also I am getting the blue screen every once in a while, sort of random and not often.

Jul 31, 2018
so I updated my BIOS to a beta version and everything seems a lot smoother and even gaming is working okay. Just as information, I was playing World of Warcraft and before it was laggy at 1k low settings, now it's fine at 2k and mid settings. However, I still have an issue: I have Kingston Predator 3200 ram because I heard Ryzen processor likes the OC memory. Unfortunately, when I use the profile in BIOS to make it 2900 or 3200 it becomes very stable and my system restarts often. Has anyone had luck with a similar build to get ram to work as advertised?

CPU: Ryzen 2400g
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 2x4g
Mobo: ASROCK B350 Gaming K4

Thanks as usual for any advice.