Hi,

I recently put together and built a computer. The components I chose are:
  1. Asrock B450M Steel Legend motherboard
  2. Ryzen 5 1600AF
  3. Radeon RX 580 4GB Sapphite Nitro + DDR5
  4. 2 x 8GB Ballistix Sport 3000MHz DDR4 RAM
  5. Corsair CV650 PSU
  6. Adata SU 630 240GB SSD
I finished building it yesterday, it worked great at first. Booted up, installed windows 10 pro 1903, and eventually I was at the desktop. However this is where problems first started, The PC would freeze at random times, it could be during the first 5 minutes, or it could be well within 15 minutes. The cursor would just stop, couldn't open task manager or do anything, so I ended up having to push the reset button to get it to work after rebooting.

I ran a windows memory test to see if it was the RAM, I also performed a format and windows reinstall, I tried downloading the latest AMD drivers and Windows updates as well. But then again, it would just freeze amidst the downloads and I had to manually reset it, interrupting it.

At times it would give me a blue screen saying ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

After attempting several software fixes (being checking the ssd connections and swapping out the RAMs the only hardware ones I tried), the computer now just won't boot up. It won't even load into the BIOS. When I power it up and the monitor just says "No signal, going into power saving mode" and goes dark.

I decided to not attempt anything else until I received some advice from other people. Please I need help! I'll be answering these forum messages pretty fast as I am sitting in front of a laptop trying to find out what the problem is.

Thanks,
-Eyrand

Jul 14, 2020
remove the SSD, install only one RAM in slot B2, connect the monitor to the GPU and not the motherboard
reset the BIOS by jumper (clear CMOS)

Removed SSD.
Put 1 RAM stick into the B2 slot.
Monitor was connected to the GPU to begin with :/

Still doesn't boot, turns on the leds and eventually just shuts down by itsel.

I don't know how to reset the BIOS by jumper, I will look it up though.

Aug 4, 2020
Did u try replacing the CMOS battery,or looking if something seems broken/cracked,Upgrading the BIOS, testing different ram slots or putting old parts and test if it works with older parts and it just wont post with these parts?

Aug 4, 2020
The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error means that your processor is having trouble co-operating with its cores and threads. Threads are tasks performed by cores, and some cores can take many threads automatically. The problem here is that one thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread, or one core is waiting for a response from another core, and those responses are not coming. So you get this BSoD error.

Aug 4, 2020
If you can boot into safe mode when your computer starts, run Driver Reviver to update all your drivers to their latest version. There is a good chance this will clear up the problem. You should also be using Windows Update, and if you're not using the latest device driver yet, install it too.

Jul 14, 2020
Hi, thank you all for the responses. I must insit that the computer is not booting up at all, not even letting me go into BIOS.

I've decided to test each component individually. First of all I unplugged the SSD to discard software/drivers problems. Still doesn't boot up so it's definitely hardware.

The leds and fans work perfectly and for long periods of time, so I'm fairly confident the PSU is in good shape.

My main suspects are:
  1. Faulty RAM sticks (most likely)
  2. Faulty CPU
  3. Faulty Motherboard
I need other components to start testing, as soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Jul 14, 2020
I tried a different DDR4 RAM stick a friend borrowed me, and the pc still didn't boot.

I've narrowed down the problem to either the CPU or the motherboard, most likely the last because CPU's are very resilient components overall.

So as of tomorrow I'm sending the motherboard to where I bought for warranty and hopefully everything works out. Thank you very much everyone.