santijamesf

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
So for a while now I have been getting strange noises from my headphones that are kind of bubbly with a sound that makes you think of a window's error message but repeated. I fallowed all sorts of things to get it fixed and it stopped. The problems were something with the driver I was using. Recently all downloaded applications/games would have no audio, however, if i opened up chrome or what ever and went on YouTube I had perfectly fine audio with no problems. Its like all audio has been turned off for my games and applications except browsers. I don't know how to fix this, and I have been at it for about an hour or so, and I cant seem to fix it. I first noticed this while using SoundPad, and thought it was an issue with that application. Then I tried to play Car Mechanic Sim and there was no audio. I then checked Gold Rush, Fallout New Vegas, and WarThunder, and no sound. This was what lead to my assumption that the only audio that is working is on browsers while all applications and games have no audio. Can anyone please help me? I just want to play my games with audio, as of now I am stuck watching YouTube, anime, movies, and reading manga and shit.

(I made game titles bold to make it easier to read)

List of applications that I confirmed has working audio
Discord
Chrome
Microsoft Edge
Movies & TV
Groove Music

Here is a recording to show how soundpad does not work while Groove does.

santijamesf

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
Oh also I cant hear anyone in voice chat for any thing like Discord or teamspeak, yet I can hear the disconnect sound effect for discord. I dont get the connecting, or disconnected sound effect for teamspeak however.

santijamesf

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
Also, I think its mainly only steam games that are having this issue. I ran WarThunder (not steam download) and it had no audio, but when I restarted WarThunder it had audio. Meanwhile all my steam games have no audio, not even ones I just downloaded or ones I re-downloaded.