Nov 25, 2019
Hi there,

now what I have is a really weird problem with the bass on my PC speakers that doesn't make any sense to me but bear with me please.

After my last budget speakers, which worked just fine, died after falling from the table I had to buy new ones.

First, I bought a pair of Logitech Z200, since they were in the same price range as my old speakers for about ~25€.
The sound was absolutely horrible, there was no bass at all, it was almost like playing sound from a mobile phone.
I assumed it was just a cheap, low quality product and since they don't use a subwoofer I thought that's just what they sound like.
So two days later, my new Logitech Z625 arrived. I plugged them in and the sound was really nice, including the bass. After about an hour or so of using them at low volume
and I swear to god without changing anything at all, I turned the volume back up and the bass was just completely gone. The sound was now similar to the Z200 I bought 2 days earlier.

So now I'm thinking of course, that there is something wrong with my PC sound settings or my sound card in general, so I checked all the advanced sound options, uninstalling drivers etc. etc. with no effect at all.
Then I connected the Z625 to my Smartphone and to my PS4 - still no bass.

And now comes the weirdest part - after all that I connected the Z200 to my PC one more time and boom - there was and still is bass!

I have no idea what's going on.

Any help you could give me is greatly appreciated :)

Nov 25, 2019
It may have caused electrical damage to your sound device, not just the physical connector. Mybe there's a USB sound device in your future.
It was yanked out pretty violently so that may very well be possible. I'm gonna try and find my old PCIe sound card and see if it works with that.
But since the bass isn't working when I connect the Z625 to my TV or Smartphone, I don't think it'll help much.
Could the defect on my sound device have also damaged the speakers, when they were plugged in?

Nov 25, 2019
Okay so just a quick update:

I tried the speakers on another sound card, with the same results - no bass. I also checked the audio jack and the onboard sound card for any obvious cracks or dents and wasn't able to find any.

Today my replacement pair of Logitech Z625 arrived (bless 1-Day amazon delivery) and so far (4-5h) it's working fine. I will keep you updated on wether the new subwoofer makes it through the night or not.
Since the last speakers were from Amazon warehouse deals, maybe they were just prone to break.

Thanks a lot for your and suggestions though! :)

TRENDING THREADS