[SOLVED] No display asrock b450m hdv4.0

Dec 2, 2020
I am building a PC for the second time, i have already built a gaming pc that works perfectly
this time i wanted to build a simpler pc with no graphics card.
the parts are :
asrock b450m hdv r4.0
amd ryzen 5 3400g
the case and the 500w psu are from aerocool
ssd m2 240gb ws green
I got no display after the installation(
I know that the problem could be that the bios does not support my cpu, and that i need to update it
I tried that by putting the cpu and gpu from the perfectly working PC on the new mb, but again no display
I am very confused please help.

Could it be that the mb does not support rtx 2060?

Solution
If you look on this PSU tier list....that model PSU is on tier D.

Tier D is Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

I suspect it's probably the PSU.

If you look on this PSU tier list....that model PSU is on tier D.

Tier D is Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

I suspect it's probably the PSU.

Solution
What do you recommend?
Well....the tier list gives you a good idea of what's good and what isn't....but personally...

My main go to companies for power supplies are Corsair and Seasonic. You almost can't go wrong with either brand.

As far as models...for Corsair lately I have been going with the RMx models. It's a very sold platform...it's gets great reviews....it's very quiet as the fan doesn't come on until a certain load condition is met.

As far as Seasonic....I have a
  • PRIME Ultra Platinum, 80 PLUS Platinum 850W, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
arriving today.

This is a very top of the line Seasonic...but there are other Seasonics that are more reasonable like the Focus series which gets great reviews as well.

Just so you are aware....the RTX 2060 is about twice as fast as a GTX 1650.

The 1650 also draws less power.

Both of these should work fine with a good 600W power supply.

I don't think the 2600 is going to support much MORE than an RTX 2060 very well.....so I wouldn't go higher than 2060 with that CPU....but I think the 2060 and the 1650 should work well.