Question No display signal when adding more of the same RAM

manpreet66

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
Some time ago, I purchased a couple of same RAM sticks as the previous one. But whenever I install these new RAM sticks, PC turns on but monitor recieves no signal from the GPU and on the motherboard VGA light stays on.

When I remove the new RAM sticks, everything works fine again. Which means GPU and older RAM is fine, problem only happens when the new RAM sticks are installed. I tried both new RAM sticks in both of the empty slots, individually (without removing the older ram) but neither works. New RAM sticks are identical to the older ones with only difference being the older was a 16x2 Kit, but the newer were two 16GB RAM sticks, but the brand and specs are identical.

My Build:

GPU: RTX 2070

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 pro ac

Old Ram: Gskill F4-3200C16-16GVK (16x2 kit)

New Ram: Gskill F4-3200C16S-16GVK (The only difference was this was not a kit but two individual 16Gb Ram)

Please let me know if anyone has any idea or solution.

kanewolf

Titan
Some time ago, I purchased a couple of same RAM sticks as the previous one. But whenever I install these new RAM sticks, PC turns on but monitor recieves no signal from the GPU and on the motherboard VGA light stays on.

When I remove the new RAM sticks, everything works fine again. Which means GPU and older RAM is fine, problem only happens when the new RAM sticks are installed. I tried both new RAM sticks in both of the empty slots, individually (without removing the older ram) but neither works. New RAM sticks are identical to the older ones with only difference being the older was a 16x2 Kit, but the newer were two 16GB RAM sticks, but the brand and specs are identical.

My Build:

GPU: RTX 2070

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 pro ac

Old Ram: Gskill F4-3200C16-16GVK (16x2 kit)

New Ram: Gskill F4-3200C16S-16GVK (The only difference was this was not a kit but two individual 16Gb Ram)

Please let me know if anyone has any idea or solution.
SETS of RAM are sold for a reason. They are guaranteed to work as a set. You have three different RAM sets (the two DIMM set plus two singles). YOU will have to do all the tweaking to get the three sets to play nicely. Start by running WITHOUT XMP (DOCP) enabled (2133 Mhz). Does that work ? You may have to take the new RAM out, boot and reset the BIOS to default RAM speed.

Reactions: geofelt