[SOLVED] No internet...!! Red blink... Wan port is unplugged...

Jul 27, 2021
Out of the blue, my router will start blinking red light. When i dive into wireless settings-- "Wan port is Unplugged".

i have to physically unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable that goes into WAN port. BOOM I Have Internet connection.

Again when i lose internet(random once a day).. have to physically remove and reattach the ethernet cable. help!!!

Solution
Make and model modem?

Make and model router?

Or, if combined, make and model combo.

Connectivity?

General home network line diagram:

ISP = = = fiber, coax, DSL = = = > modem ------ Ethernet cable ---->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] --- Ethernet ----> wired devices and ~~~~~> wireless devices.

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Try another known working Ethernet cable between modem and router.

Ensure that the modem's and router's power connections are fully and firmly in place.

The Router's logs (if available and enabled) may be capturing some error codes or other related information. Who has full admin rights to the router?
You will need help from that person.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model modem?

Make and model router?

Or, if combined, make and model combo.

Connectivity?

General home network line diagram:

ISP = = = fiber, coax, DSL = = = > modem ------ Ethernet cable ---->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] --- Ethernet ----> wired devices and ~~~~~> wireless devices.

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Try another known working Ethernet cable between modem and router.

Ensure that the modem's and router's power connections are fully and firmly in place.

The Router's logs (if available and enabled) may be capturing some error codes or other related information. Who has full admin rights to the router?
You will need help from that person.

Solution