[SOLVED] No keyboard pops up while unlocking the phone !!!

lordsam_002

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
So, I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 and the problem is that whenever I try to unlock the phone, the keyboard won't show up at all. Now this can be due to Samsung's Keyboard app crashing. I am not THAT tech illiterate and I just wanted to know that if there's any solution for this without going into recovery and all that. And if there isn't, I just want to access my internal storage and at least save all my data on the internal storage via the download mode and I would appreciate that if someone walked me through.

Solution
Yep, glitches happen. Sometimes so bad that even the power button fails to work, in which case you will be glad to have an easily removable battery like your J7 has.

The J7 also has a micro-SD card slot which is far easier to recover files from than internal storage--the phone could even be completely destroyed. You could consider that or setting up a a cloud backup (which also protects against loss) once you are back in.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried powering down the device and powering back up? I've had a couple of glitches with the keyboard prior on my Lenovo K5 Play. If I notice something's amiss, I turn off the phone and power back up after a little while(like 15mins).

Yep, glitches happen. Sometimes so bad that even the power button fails to work, in which case you will be glad to have an easily removable battery like your J7 has.

The J7 also has a micro-SD card slot which is far easier to recover files from than internal storage--the phone could even be completely destroyed. You could consider that or setting up a a cloud backup (which also protects against loss) once you are back in.

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
in which case you will be glad to have an easily removable battery like your J7 has.

Agreed. And in this case I would remove the battery and leave the phone that way for however long is convenient before putting it back in and trying to fire it up again.

How I miss having a phone where the "hard complete power down" via battery removal is possible.

lordsam_002

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
Have you tried powering down the device and powering back up? I've had a couple of glitches with the keyboard prior on my Lenovo K5 Play. If I notice something's amiss, I turn off the phone and power back up after a little while(like 15mins).
I've tried powering off and on like for a million times, I've also tried removing the battery, SD, and SIM cards and putting all back in and turning back on but the problem still is there. I just want all of my data in the internal storage, I don't really care about the phone itself at this point, all I care about is the data (my photos, videos, contacts, files, etc.)