Oct 20, 2019
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: Asus X470-pro
Ram: 32 GB DDR4 2333 Mhz
SSD/HDD: 1.5 TB SSD 4 TB HDD
GPU: Msi Vega 64
PSU: Corsair RM 750X
Chassis: Thermaltake Level 10 GT

I recently had to change out my CPU, mobo, and PSU, after having issues with all three. The mobo is an Asus x470-pro, CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600x, PSU is a Corsair RM750X. The mobo has LEDs on it, and they light up when I turn the PSU on, so I know the mobo is drawing power. The case lights and fans all come on when I hit the power button, but nothing comes up on the monitor. I don't have PC speakers, so I don't know if there's any beeps. I get a POST code of 00, which my mobo manual says isn't used by Asus. I know the monitor works, and I plugged in a second one just to be safe. I've swapped out the RAM, tried connecting the monitor with and without a GPU, reseated the CPU, everything I can think of. I was getting ready to RMA the mobo, but I figured I'd see if anyone here had any other things I could try.

Last edited:
Solution
Make sure all power cables are attached to the motherboard and GPU. You MUST have a GPU installed and connected to the monitor to get any sort of display output. Install a single stick of RAM in the proper slot(see manual). Clear CMOS. Hopefully this will allow you to enter BIOS. Once in BIOS reset to defaults.

Lutfij

Titan
Best list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You should breadbaord the system and then work with bare minimums, i.e one stick of ram and the GPU on first slot of board and OS drive.

Might I ask why you had to change the parts listed above? What were the make and models of the parts prior?

Oct 20, 2019
I rewrote the specs above. My old mobo, an Asus prime b350 plus, died on me. So I bought this mobo because it would be compatible with the Ryzen 1800x I had. Then I bent the pins on the CPU. 😕 I tried fixing it, but they were too messed up. I don't remember what the old PSU was, but the wattage must have been too low, because I couldn't get it to power up right.

I'm not really familiar with breadboarding. When you say bare minimums, do you mean that I should unplug the SSD/HDD? The CPU has a GPU, so I've tried running the system with and without the GPU.

Make sure all power cables are attached to the motherboard and GPU. You MUST have a GPU installed and connected to the monitor to get any sort of display output. Install a single stick of RAM in the proper slot(see manual). Clear CMOS. Hopefully this will allow you to enter BIOS. Once in BIOS reset to defaults.

Solution
Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for the advice, drivinfast. I did what you suggested, and at the same time I tried something which the Asus website suggested, which was to remove the CPU and use contact cleaner on the board. Once I reseated the CPU, I was able to boot up normally. So it looks like I'm up and running again!