[SOLVED] No power when booting with EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX connected

Sep 16, 2020
Hey,

I was playing a game a few days ago and my PC randomly turned off. It would not start back up (no fans turn on, no lights, nothing). However, it does start when I do not have my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW connected to the PSU.

I have tried a different PSU, another PCI express slot and different 8 pin wires.

Here is my build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2rrd4n

It is four years old now. Not sure if I can even get an RMA.

Any help is appreciated as I cannot buy a new card (mature student with government loan -_-').

Thanks for viewing,
Zehkari

Solution
It sounds as if the GPU is overloading the PSU (when connected/powered by it), so, GPU possibly now bad...?

Little you can likely do except remove the GPU, and at least run from integrated graphics....

(Odds of any sort of warranty/RMA on a 4 year old GPU are as close to nil as possible, unfortunately..)
It sounds as if the GPU is overloading the PSU (when connected/powered by it), so, GPU possibly now bad...?

Little you can likely do except remove the GPU, and at least run from integrated graphics....

(Odds of any sort of warranty/RMA on a 4 year old GPU are as close to nil as possible, unfortunately..)

Solution
Sep 16, 2020

Yeah, was expecting it to be bad news :(