PaulSIvanov

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hello,

Let me start with the problem: Almost every time I turn on my computer, my TV tells me "No RGB signal. The power will be turned off."

The exceptions are either random occasions (seemingly random; I don't do anything special those times) or when I borrow the other computer's graphics card. This is what makes me believe that it's the card's problem. However, when I swap the cards the signal comes through, and even when I swap back to the original card it works - until the next shutdown. The fact that the card still works sometimes makes me believe it's NOT the card.

I've been searching for a while now and because nobody's problem is exactly the same as mine, it would be best just to ask my own question.

I'll just throw in whatever other information I can think of here:

- I recently formatted two of my HDDs to switch them (as well as the graphics card and the PSU to power it) between my two computers. All drivers updated.

- On that note, this began happening only after I updated them. I will test to see if this is the problem, but I am uncomfortable with outdated drivers on my GTX460 which I primarily use for gaming. Would that be any sort of an issue?

- All of my PC components are qualified to support each other. If necessary I will post my specs though.

- I am using a VGA to DVI adapter since there is no VGA port on the card. I suspect this could be a problem as well, and if recommend I will buy a dedicated DVI cable. The card also has a miniHDMI port, and I will be receiving my HDMI-miniHDMI cable in a couple of days.

If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them in exchange for some help :)

Thank you so much!,
Paul I.

PaulSIvanov

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
New turn of events - Neither graphics card will work now. I replaced the VGA cable as well, so it isn't that. I'll do some more tests to narrow down what the problem may be, but would still love some help.

Thanks,
Paul