Question No RGB when my board turns on

AneurinFWJH

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
I have a new motherboard and it automatically downloaded ASUS's new RGB application called Armoury crate, when I had a look around it had my motherboard greyed out so I was unable to change the RGB, however on Aura sync it was not there at all. I reinstalled both of them and now the RGB on my motherboard only works when my pc is turned off, when my pc is on, they don't light up at all. I updated my BIOS, updated both pieces of software but now neither of them show my motherboard. I also tried to remove a folder called "LightingService" when both programs were uninstalled as other people recommended that but it said an application was running so I couldn't delete it even though it was not being used by anything.
Does anyone know what I could do to fix this please? Thank you

Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING

Sep 6, 2019
Hi,

I have also ROG X570-F motherboard and I had similar issue. As you describe above, it installed Armoury Crate application automatically and first it looked fine, rgb was working (motherboard, fractal rgb fan connected to 4pin header) but after around week, rgb stopped working when PC was turned on (when turned off, motherboard was still lit up) for some of the components - basically motherboard and every rgb pin connector, but RGB RAM was fine (Corsair Vengeance Pro). Even in Armoury Crate app it said that "no hardware detected".

Tried reinstall crate, install aura, remove "LightningService" (same as you are describing here) etc... but nothing helped. It was a bit weird to me also, because when PC was turned on, motherboard (+ 4pins) stopped working instantly, even before loading of Windows, so I was also thinking about trying to upgrade bios and try different settings there.

Today actually it seems I've solved the issue "by accident", because new version of iCUE software for Corsair (I have corsair keyboard, ram and headset) was released - after reinstalling iCUE to newest version (3.19.120) it started to work again, motherboard + 4pin fan rgb are fine as well as everything else.

If you have any other software, that is dealing with RGB for different components, maybe check it out and try uninstall them too, it seems it can interfere between each other.

Hope this helps.

Sep 27, 2019
I made an account just to reply to this post. So my motherboard X570-F shows up in Armory Crate but is greyed out. What I did (and this could be a complete fluke) is to uninstall the "AURA LED Controller" driver under "Universal Serial Bus devices" in device manager. Afterwards it just started working again.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: