[SOLVED] No signal from New GPU- Help Please!

Dec 18, 2019
As the title says, I am working on a Budget build to gift to my brother.

System Specs:
PSU- Thermaltake purepower 430W
MOBO- Dell "Desktop Board D33025"
CPU- I3 (will be upgraded in the future)
RAM- 8GB DDR4 (from original system- should I upgrade?)
GPU- XFX RX 570 4GB

Unfortunately the PSU only has a 6-pin connector and the GPU wants an 8-pin, but this shouldn't be an issue, right? (just supplying power, the display should be through the PCIE?) The red indicator LED on the card is on.

I am having some trouble getting a display output from the GPU. The MOBO DVI and VGA work perfectly fine, but the GPU shows a black screen. I have looked into BIOS and the card is not being recognized at all.

Last edited:

System Specs:
GPU- XFX RX 570 4GB

Unfortunately the PSU only has a 6-pin connector and the GPU wants an 8-pin, but this shouldn't be an issue, right? (just supplying power, the display should be through the PCIE?) The red indicator LED on the card is on.

I am having some trouble getting a display output from the GPU. The MOBO DVI and VGA work perfectly fine, but the GPU shows a black screen. I have looked into BIOS and the card is not being recognized at all.
you need a strong psu with a 8 pin saddly if you going to under supply power you most certainly need all 8 pins you are under volting it by like 20wat

Dec 18, 2019
you need a strong psu with a 8 pin saddly if you going to under supply power you most certainly need all 8 pins you are under volting it by like 20wat

430W isn't enough for an i3 and a 4gb RX 570? I'd think that's well within spec?

Advice on trying a 6 --> 8 pin adapter?

Would the card not work at all if underpowered? I'd assume it would still turn on and work and just show issues under load, no?

Thanks for the help!

430W isn't enough for an i3 and a 4gb RX 570? I'd think that's well within spec?

Advice on trying a 6 --> 8 pin adapter?

Would the card not work at all if underpowered? I'd assume it would still turn on and work and just show issues under load, no?

Thanks for the help!
yes it can but at the same time the is still debatable, it can also cause damage over time due to them fighting to the power they desire from eachother

get a 8-pin to Molex connector (may be supplied with some older cards)
also check the bios, may have to enable the graphics card (disable the onboard graphics on some Dell mobos)

System Specs:
GPU- XFX RX 570 4GB

Dec 18, 2019
get a 8-pin to Molex connector (may be supplied with some older cards)
also check the bios, may have to enable the graphics card (disable the onboard graphics on some Dell mobos)

I got a new PSU and am still having issues.

I also tried resetting the RAM and clearing CMOS with no luck.

I am getting no signal at all from any GPU outputs and my MOBO just outputs this garbage:

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/XgOAIYw

With only a few days left until Christmas, I might need to look for other gifts :(

Dec 18, 2019
what psu did you get?

I stole an EVGA 650w Gold out of my PC and am still getting the same results. Dead motherboard?

I would think so, but if I use the Mobo output, windows boots just fine and I can get to the login screen, but the display is still all jumbled and broken, so I'm unable to see it do anything.

Dec 18, 2019
the iGPU showing all jumbled and broken? that could be the motherboard or the cpu.

Yes the IGPU is showing broken. It boots into BIOS beautifully every time, but windows looks like soup.

When I add the discrete card, I am unable to boot at all.

I m trying to move the components (PSU, GPU) into an older system now to get something to work.