[SOLVED] no signal on monitor until windows boots up

farshad_1

Reputable
May 3, 2016
just build a new pc for myself its a biostar b360gt5s with a i39100F with 2x4gb ram and rx 580
i want to change the bios settings but when i turn the pc on i have no screen on the monitor until windows welcome screen comes up ...even if i press del key on keyboard screen remains black( no signal sign on monitor)
i have read a few forum about this problem and the common answer was to use integrated gpu but i dont have one since i have F series cpu
i updated the bios , clear the cmos , taking out the mobo battery , jumper and taking out one of the rams but it didnt help neither
plz any help would be appreciated
20191009_084643.thumb.jpg.80d1361df348fc82396455ddf54e549d.jpg

Last edited:

farshad_1

Reputable
May 3, 2016
So, it's not that your monitor is just slow to warm up and show an image. How do you know you are in the bios if you have no monitor image? If you tap the del key, supposedly going into the BIOS, does your PC not boot?
if i press del key windows just never comes up
and beside that if i press windows+shift+restart and go to troubleshooting uefi bios setting monitor wont show anything again so im sure i just wont get signal before windows boots completely

I did a search and the RX 580 is known to be a buggy GPU with some MB, causing this issue. I would RMA your GPU and chose another. Or if you are happy with the GPU otherwise, you could use a different GPU solely for the purpose of entering the BIOS.

Last edited:
Try a new video cable.. and run a memory checker (ala memtest64), if you have not already. https://www.memtest86.com/ Also try and switch your GPU to the other PCI slot The gray slot is the PCI-e x16 slot

I would also try a different monitor.

The monitor is not coming on because it's not reading a signal from the motherboard, so is all else fails, you may want to RMA your MB.

Last edited: