Jan 17, 2021
So coworker of mine has been using a computer that I built him for a while now no problem with anything until just recently. While he was away from his computer his sister unplugged everything while it was on now no signal is being sent over to the monitor. Everything seems to be getting power and it turns on still. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? If specs of the pc are need I can post that later once I figure out what was all used to make this build.

Solution
I haven't been able to touch his computer since it was late when it happened. But tonight I was planning on resetting the cmos and possibly swapping out psu since I have a spare. He also just mentioned when he initially turned it on after that shut down it wouldnt post it kept on failing to post so it would like turn on and off several times before staying on completely. I believe he did try holding the power button down when it was all unpluged.
Unplugging the computer and holding the power button down is not the same as removing the motherboards coin battery.
Jan 18, 2021
Sometimes an improper shutdown can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output. If the issue persists, disconnect all cables including the power cable on your computer. Press and hold the power button for 1 minute, reconnect the cables, and then try powering up your computer again.

Jan 17, 2021
I haven't been able to touch his computer since it was late when it happened. But tonight I was planning on resetting the cmos and possibly swapping out psu since I have a spare. He also just mentioned when he initially turned it on after that shut down it wouldnt post it kept on failing to post so it would like turn on and off several times before staying on completely. I believe he did try holding the power button down when it was all unpluged.

Unplugging the computer and holding the power button down is not the same as removing the motherboards coin battery.

Solution