[SOLVED] No signal to monitor or keyboard when PC starts up

Sep 30, 2020
Yes I know you've seen this a million times but if I've read through so many different suggestions, tried the ones I can and wanted to post this in case I missed something obvious

First of all I WAS DUMB so any help will be appreciated.

3 days ago I wanted to update my pc a little and pushed it too far. I tried putting in an extra 1tb HDD as well as 2 sticks of new RAM (2x8gb) and my monitor just wouldn't pick up any signal. I took out the extra HDD and try start it up with the old RAM (tried different slots) but still same result each time I restarted.

The start up red LED next to the on button is also not lighting up anymore. I tried to see if there was any loose wires, but doesn't seem to be the case, I replaced the CPU (as this was the plan anyway) and I've ordered a new motherboard in case it's just that (it arrives Friday). Now wondering if I should order a new PSU as the one I have is only 500w?

I've tried to give as much detail as possible even though I'm 98% sure it was because of the hdd and ram

So in short: the monitor, keyboard and start up LED light are not working but the mouse is still lighting up

Just remembered something else... I'm completely unsure about GPUs as I'm still learning about all this, but my basic PC didn't come with a specific graphics card (e.g. gtx 1660 or alike) so I want to say it is/was "integrated"? Not sure if that's the right term. Could I have messed up that by plugging in the hdd/ram?

Sorry for the essay... Please help

ATX 500B PSU
AMD A320M-Pro MB
Ryzen 3 2200 > Ryzen 5 3600
(Can't remember make) 8gb RAM > Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb

Solution
Yeah everything was fine before that.
Since this post I've replaced a lot of components and the screen still won't come on to I believe it's either me plugging something in incorrectly or there is something wrong with the ram (Corsair Vengeance). Any other suggestions please do send them my way!

TomahawkMax B450 MB
Radeon RX 590 GC
Be Quiet 700w PSU

In my experience, I got no signal to monitor when I was lacking a driver.
My experience was, my pc had no signal on monitor whenever i start. then upon tinkering, I accidentally unplugged my audio cord on the MoBo(bu i didnt noticed)
It started. after i shut it down. i noticed it and I plugged it in. it was not starting again, tried that 2 time to prove it was the culprit.

so i...
Sep 30, 2020
so everything was working until you decided to add more ram and an hdd?
Since this post I've replaced a lot of components and the screen still won't come on to I believe it's either me plugging something in incorrectly or there is something wrong with the ram (Corsair Vengeance). Any other suggestions please do send them my way!

TomahawkMax B450 MB
Radeon RX 590 GC
Be Quiet 700w PSU

Oct 1, 2020

TomahawkMax B450 MB
Radeon RX 590 GC
Be Quiet 700w PSU

My experience was, my pc had no signal on monitor whenever i start. then upon tinkering, I accidentally unplugged my audio cord on the MoBo(bu i didnt noticed)
It started. after i shut it down. i noticed it and I plugged it in. it was not starting again, tried that 2 time to prove it was the culprit.

so i removed it, started it. installed all drivers and plugged it in. then it worked.

Did you try to start it with just the main components? mobo, proc, psu, (gpu?), a single working ram ?

also which of these is your processor

Solution
Sep 30, 2020

so i removed it, started it. installed all drivers and plugged it in. then it worked.

Did you try to start it with just the main components? mobo, proc, psu, (gpu?), a single working ram ?

also which of these is your processor

I believe I've found the issue lies with the HDD so I've had a friend look it over and we are trying a different one tomorrow. I'll definitely keep this in mind though, thank you so much

Also the processor I have now is the latter - Ryzen 5 3600

Reactions: GrinTheComputerNoob