[SOLVED] No sound after windows 10 format

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
Hello. My friend had Windows 10 installed for at least 2 years and everything was fine until he decided to do a format.

After format he had no sound so after he did all the updates we thought windows updates will download the audio drivers too but we were wrong so he downloaded the audio drivers but he wasn't sure if he downloaded the correct audio drivers.. in the end he still had no sound somehow... We tried many things to fix the problem but we didnt managed to fix it..Can you help us? Where do we download the correct audio drivers? ( By the way he downloaded Realtek drivers but we are not sure if these are the correct drivers...) Is there a way to detect which drivers his pc needs?

Solution
Asrock doesn't offer any drivers for Win10 for that motherboard. Upgrading to Win10 from an older OS is different because drivers are kept.

Sound chip is an VIA® VT1705. I tried searching but Via also doesn't supply updated drivers unfortunately.

Im a little busy atm, ill try search more later but for now if you want to, it's VIA® VT1705 according to specs page at Asrock, not Realtek.

A sound card might be an option.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Asrock doesn't offer any drivers for Win10 for that motherboard. Upgrading to Win10 from an older OS is different because drivers are kept.

Sound chip is an VIA® VT1705. I tried searching but Via also doesn't supply updated drivers unfortunately.

Im a little busy atm, ill try search more later but for now if you want to, it's VIA® VT1705 according to specs page at Asrock, not Realtek.

Solution

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

What if he install the windows 7 version audio drivers ? Is it gonna work?

By the way I found this https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-S3 UCC/index.asp#Download
My friend's motherboard drivers in the ASROCK website. Should I tell him to try and install this driver "VIA high definition audio driver ver:v7500F_HDMI" ? Can you look at the link please and tell me?

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

Nevermind he downloaded the "VIA high definition audio driver ver:v7500F_HDMI" and it was fixed :) Thanks for your help and your time!