Question No sound from new wireless headset ?

Aug 9, 2024
hello everyone

I just bought the Logitech PRO X 2 Wireless Headset and I have lots of problems

I installed the wireless dongle, headset is recognized directly in GHUB, driver installed,
no problems so far, but then . . . .

1st problem, the headset is recognized as a speaker and when I turn it on the sound remains on the PC speakers. Strangely I have the test sounds in the headset, and the test recording from my microphone too but the sound does not switch to the headset from any other sources (youtube, games, videos)

I tested the bluetooth on my phone and the sound goes through the headphones.
Afterwards I wanted to test wired, still no sound

I don't understand anything anymore, I tried to fiddle with a few things but nothing works.
if anyone can help me I'm super upset today and the headset is going to go out the window (don't worry I won't send you upset lol) as I have a useless €270 headset right now.

I hope you have some good tips
see you soon with your answers (fingers crossed)

I'm sure it's just a stupid setting but I don't know where.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suspect the problem is in a Windows setting YOU can adjust, mostly on the basis that you are hearing sound from your speakers. I presume they are plugged into a 3.5 mm socket (Green) on the rear panel of your mobo.

Your system has at least two, and probably more, Sound Output Devices. But Windows can use only ONE of these at a time. In the bottom left corner of your screen type Sound Settings in the search window and open that. The first item is Output Device, with a little chooser window below. Click on that and you will see all the devices you have. One will be the mobo system by Realtek, there may be one named like a video card, and you should also see the Logitech device. I'd bet the system is set now to use Realtek on-board audio and send sound out of the Speaker socket. Change it to use the Logitech system. Back out of the window to main screen and try your audio now. It should play through the headset.