No USB flash drives will copy data on USB 3 or USB 2

poisonite101

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Hi, I've been having some problems with copying data from any USB flash storage for a while but it's gotten to the point where I can’t even plug one in without it bugging out my system and none of the articles or forums I've seem to have an answer that's worked.

I've got 2 Lexar USB 3 drives with 8 and 32 GB storage wise respectively, two generic USB 2 flash drives (They might be USB 1, not totally sure), a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 8 GB which is either USB 2 or 3 (again not sure how to tell since it’s not labeled and SanDisk is using red for the plug color), and a Patriot Supersonic Rage2 USB 3 128 GB and I can’t get a single one to transfer data to or from my desktop.

The problem is occurring on USB 3 and USB 2 of this system and the generic ones won't even connect and windows just gives me some of the connecting and disconnecting beeps while my mouse stops working entirely. With most of the others they connect fine and everything looks fine until I try to copy any data to them. I've used all of these with this system before with no problems copying data to or from the drives and everything but the SanDisk and Patriot are freshly formatted and totally blank. Also note that the Patriot is formatted as NTFS due to a constant need to copy very large media files (5-10 GB each) and the rest are formatted as FAT32.

I've tried restarting with no effect, updating drivers (there were some updates, which seemed to fix some problems I had been having with my keyboard and several other devices), using different ports and using ports of different speeds and locations (i.e. front and rear IO and USB 3 and 2) I've used these flash drives with several other systems including one of the same edition and revision of windows 10 and they all work fine, it's only on this system. I'm really in a bind right now because I do need to transfer lots of files between systems at my home and my network is painfully slow for inter network file transfers. I don't recall there being any major updates that could have caused this problem, only a graphics driver update (I did the same update on another system and it worked fine though).

Below are my current system specs:
Asus X99 Deluxe/3.1
Intel i7 5820k O.Ced to 4.5GHZ (Water cooled)
Asus Strix GTX 970 with a slight OC (also water cooled, not that it really maters)
Boot drive: 2x Samsung 850 pro 512 GB in RAID 0
Storage drive 1: WD Blue 1TB
Storage drive 2: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1tb in RAID 1
Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB
Corsair CX 750 PSU
Thermaltake Core V7 (for reference to front IO)
Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 64 bit

Thank you very much if you actually read all of the rambling above, any help is greatly appreciated.

poisonite101

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
It should be noted that I managed to solve the issue my self and it was just a matter of off loading some of my USB devices to the other USB controller on my motherboard as well as my USB 3.1 PCIe card.