[SOLVED] No usb_f on son's motherboard to plug in new Wifi card

Struggling_guy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
For a second build, me and my son ran into an issue. We cant directly connect the pc to ethernet so we needed a Wifi Card. I installed it and everything but there is nowhere where i can plug the usb_f cord into the motherboard. Any solutions? Like an adapter to turn Usb_f into another type of plug in i have? This feels pretty bad because since there were a PCI express slot available to plug the card in, i assumed i could make use of it...

Thank you guys in advance

Reactions: Struggling_guy
Solution

Struggling_guy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
As you understand that USB connection is there to provide Bluetooth connectivity. If all you need is WiFi, you can just leave this USB connection unconnected.
Anyway, this cable can be connected to any internal USB 2 header on your MoBo, as the header marked USB910 (connector 11 on page 1-1 of the manual)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/H110M-K/E10950_H110M-K_UM_WEB_only.pdf
Yhea after making the post i noticed that the pattern of the usb910 was the right one ti use for my wifi Card. However it was already used. With where the cables connected there go i assume it's the case's usb front ports that are connected there. Maybe the mic/headphones plug. I guess those are not necessary and illtry to put the wifi card on there.

Now i just read your post again and I don't really need the bluetooth. I didn't even know that as i tought it was to power the card as a whole. Thank you!

Yhea after making the post i noticed that the pattern of the usb910 was the right one ti use for my wifi Card. However it was already used. With where the cables connected there go i assume it's the case's usb front ports that are connected there. Maybe the mic/headphones plug. I guess those are not necessary and illtry to put the wifi card on there.

Now i just read your post again and I don't really need the bluetooth. I didn't even know that as i tought it was to power the card as a whole. Thank you!
Indeed the card is powered directly by the PCIe slot. For WiFi only you don't need that cable