DREDKNOT_2077

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
im using three SilverStone Technology Silverstone 8-Port PWM Fan Hub/Splitter

for 4-Pin & 3-Pin Fans in Black SST-CPF04-USA (Newest Version) to run all six of my Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM fans an in the b450m bios at full speed they top out at 2850rpm powered by my evga supernova g3 650watt

is the just tipecal of this noctuas or are the sivlerstoves holding them back or could it be the psu not having enough juice to power my 2600 oc at 3.9 an a 1660 super

under load the fans have a noticable but sutial reving sound is it possible i should use a different fan hub/splitter

current oc volt tweak is .194volts seems stable under load idle is still a bit buggy

w4bu7j8xmch71.png

64tfrr8xmch71.png

m0194n8xmch71.png

d01l2mdaoch71.png

Solution
Since you're using a speed value provided by tools from your mobo maker, I expect those are correct values. I see your six Noctuas are distributed over two Hubs, so definitely NO problems of overloading the mobo or the hubs. That leaves two possibilities:
(a) the mobo is sending out PWM signals to run at less tha 100%; or,
(b) the PSU's 12 VDC output drops down to lower at very high workloads.

Testing the PWM signal is not something any person at home can do. The only item I can suggest is: when you say the fans are at "full speed" in BIOS, do you mean that you manually set them to 100% fixed speed, or just that the "fan curve" is set to run 100% at higher temperatures?

IF you have a voltmeter and a good means of measuring the voltage...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Well, the specs say this should not be an issue. The Noctua fans are spec'd at 0.55 A max each, so six is 3.3 A total. The Silverstore Hub says the max total load on the entire hub is 4.5 A, and each port can deal with a current that high, so no overload if ONLY the six Noctuas are on one Hub.

How do you know the fan speed? Are you reading that in BIOS Setup, or using a third-party utility?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Since you're using a speed value provided by tools from your mobo maker, I expect those are correct values. I see your six Noctuas are distributed over two Hubs, so definitely NO problems of overloading the mobo or the hubs. That leaves two possibilities:

Testing the PWM signal is not something any person at home can do. The only item I can suggest is: when you say the fans are at "full speed" in BIOS, do you mean that you manually set them to 100% fixed speed, or just that the "fan curve" is set to run 100% at higher temperatures?

IF you have a voltmeter and a good means of measuring the voltage supplied to one of those fans (Pins 1 and 2 of the header), connect that and try to monitor it during a range of workloads. It should be 12 VDC all the time.

Solution

DREDKNOT_2077

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017

IF you have a voltmeter and a good means of measuring the voltage supplied to one of those fans (Pins 1 and 2 of the header), connect that and try to monitor it during a range of workloads. It should be 12 VDC all the time.
i use a fan curve

DREDKNOT_2077

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
Hopefully you are wearing a Headset for 6 Noctua's @ full blast LOL

Do you get the full 3000rpm using 1 on a header?
Also there is a +/- factor of 10% on Noctua's specs.
at full tilt 2ft from me on my desk the not bad more whosh an no coil wine

a mild vibration sound is all an this is all without a headset on ,with cant hear it at all

i think that pictic sound comes from tthe front mounting fans an not the tops as ther on a 7mm thick gasket im thinkin if i do the same for the fronts that will nip out more of the sound at full ramp

an more silent at lower rpm so we'll see about that, as for that +/- factor of 10% that i didnt know so that probley explains it