mr prady

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased an Intel core i9 9900k and i am looking for an air cooler. After hours of mind numbing toil i have shortlisted 2 cpu coolers :
  1. Noctua nh-d15
  2. Cooler master ma620p
However i have not able to find a true comparison between them. Could you guys please suggest which one should i buy.

Thanks

As i have seen online

Core i9 9900k produces a lot of heat being a 8 core 16 threads cpu. In your opinion noctua nh-d15 will be able to handle it even at 5ghz?

Yeah, that's what I am using with mine.

9900K_prime_95_temps.PNG

9900K_5_GHz.PNG

The NH-D15 is a twin tower cooler that uses 140mm fans.
The Cooler master ma620p is a smaller twin tower unit that uses 120mm fans. It is less effective because of the lesser radiator space.

I might also suggest that the NH-D15s is equally priced but is more compatible clearing tall ram and is offset to clear graphics cards in the first pcie slot.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The MA410P is smaller overall than the 620P but still does better (tested 2 different models with the same result).

I think the 620P suffers from lazy cooler design (look, big size and RGBs!!!!) and lackluster heat exchange between the heatpipes and cooling fins. Not all air large coolers are built the same, unlike most AIOs which are built the same.