Dec 20, 2019
Hi in need of major help troubleshooting what happened to my computer. New to pc gaming so take it easy on me but I bought a used computer with a friend who knew what he was doing and he said it was a good pc for the price i was getting it for so I bought it. will list the specs below. Ran great for about 6 months then one day I opened it up to clean dust. Shut everything down properly how i normally would and tried booting back up and had no display and after about 30 35 secondsthe pc just shuts down and reboots over and over again. I've tried switching ram slots and checked all wires to make sure they are secure ,tried bypassing my GPU and going off mb graphics but still nothing and im on a budget to fix this thing and miss pc gaming so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pc specs
Cpu-i5 4690
Rx 580 4gb graphics card
16gb ddr3 ram
500w psu

I'm thinking power supply but I'm on a budget and just wanna get back up and running again any advice appreciated

Dec 20, 2019
I'm not entirely sure which model and I will try that but going through the pc now I noticed a sata cable running from my motherboard is disconnected and I'm not sure where it goes back in

Dec 20, 2019
I've got it running with one ram stick and it!
It has to be in a certain slot or it wont work. So did my ram go bad or is it the power supply not being able to handle all 4 sticks. Cant believe I got it running so now I just need to know what to fix thankyou soo much

Dec 20, 2019
Smh I wish I had tried it sooner I just kept repeating the ram in different slots not thinking that one of them went bad. Now curious if I can just drop a new ram stick in the pc with my other 3 or If I've gotta buy some new ones gonna upgrade eventually to ddr4 but all of them now are ddr3 so not sure if that matters or if my motherboard is even ddr4 compatible. Any clue?

Maybe the the RAM slot is bad.
Bent CPU socket pins can also cause that, did you reinstall your CPU recently?

Also the RAM need to be matched and be in the QVL memory compatibility list of the motherboard. Its always recommended to run 2 sticks vs 4 as 2 sticks is more stable.

Dec 20, 2019
Nope never installed new cpu or reinstalled old one and I can put ram in that slot and it will run just cant use the one stick. And it was running 4 4gb sticks ddr3 so I think I'mjust gonna find what 8gb sticks I can use with my motherboard and use two like you said