Normal Temp for AMD Phenom X4 965 3.4GHz?

TheThrasher01

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
Lately I have noticed that my computer froze when playing games and notice that the temp of my CPU was getting a little too hot. So I reapplied new thermal paste today and the temps went down a bit. But I'm not certain what temps are normal for my CPU. When I'm just surfing the internet and stuff my temps are around 50-56 degrees celsius. When playing BF3 on Ultra settings the temp is around 85-88 and running REAPER (a DAW, a music production program) with several audio plugins running the temp is around 78-80 degrees. Are these temps normal or not? I do have a custom fan but I don't know which one. It's not stock fan atleast. All fans on my computer are clean. Note that when playing games my computer does not seem try freeze anymore. Played BF3 for like 1h and 15 minutes and went nice and smooth.

Picture of temp and usage: http://i.imgur.com/qH9HI1T.png

Solution
Until 70c are normal for AMD. Mine i5-4460 on gta v ULTRA doesnt go above 52c!. Buy another cooler cause your's cpu wont last much on so high temps

TheThrasher01

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Can you recommend a good cooler?

TheThrasher01

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Yeah, I was very interested in that cooler. I found some really good reviews on a site where I could buy it. And I am currently using Arctic Silver 5. I read something about some shit that you have to replace on the back of the motherboard to attach the Hyper 212 Evo. I guess I'll need some help with that.

TheThrasher01

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

OK, thanks! I'll get it soon. Very cheap too :D