Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC240E
PSU: Corsair 80+ bronze CX750M
Ram: Viper 16Gb 3200MHz
MB: MSI MPG x570 edge wifi
Bios: 7C37v1D1

Issue:

I've been trying to get a good overclock on my 2700x but whenever I try to go higher than 4250 and do cinnebench I crash.

My voltage is on 1.39 and I'm running OC of 4200 with a clock of 4.10-4.15GHz. I would like to reach max boost clock, or at least hit 4.20GHz. Integrated game boost with dragon center also makes my entire pc crash.

I had a friend try to help me that has experience with OCing and even he is confused why I can't reach boost clock. If you have any insight or trouble shooting I could try please let me know.

Solution
Some percentage of 2700x users are able to achieve this. Not all are. This is not unusual or abnormal at all. Every piece of silicon is unique and some are better than others. Consider that a static all core 4.3Ghz OC is a FAR different thing than a single core brief 4.3Ghz boost profile. Much different, so just because your CPU is able to boost to that speed, or higher, briefly, doesn't mean it's capable of a static overclock at that speed on all cores.

ESPECIALLY since on practically every CPU ever, but especially on Ryzen, some cores are much stronger than others, and are capable of higher sustained boost rates than the rest of the cores on the same CPU.

https://www.msi.com/blog/overclock-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-x470-motherboard-guide
Some percentage of 2700x users are able to achieve this. Not all are. This is not unusual or abnormal at all. Every piece of silicon is unique and some are better than others. Consider that a static all core 4.3Ghz OC is a FAR different thing than a single core brief 4.3Ghz boost profile. Much different, so just because your CPU is able to boost to that speed, or higher, briefly, doesn't mean it's capable of a static overclock at that speed on all cores.

ESPECIALLY since on practically every CPU ever, but especially on Ryzen, some cores are much stronger than others, and are capable of higher sustained boost rates than the rest of the cores on the same CPU.

https://www.msi.com/blog/overclock-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-x470-motherboard-guide

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
BTW. Do not use that Dragon Center software!!!
Or, in MOST cases, ANY of the bundled software available on disc or download from the motherboard manufacturers, other than the drivers themselves. Especially for overclocking, but in general, at all. Most of the motherboard manufacturer utilities tend to create problems that otherwise don't exist and there are almost always better alternatives anyhow.