[SOLVED] Not getting full speed on my home network

pyrorhino

Commendable
Dec 19, 2017
I recently bought two new gigabit routers called qualitel ac1200 and my data package is a 100mbps line but in my country the line providers are doubling everyone's speeds so I now have 200.

My first main router is plugged into the modem and gives 200 via WiFi and if wired but for some reason I can't get 200 from my second router which is setup as a access point wired to the first one, the cable linking the two of them is a 50m Cat6 cable.
Cable connecting my device and the second router is a cat5e cable, gigabit switch and another cat5e cable

Please help

Solution
I recently bought two new gigabit routers called qualitel ac1200 and my data package is a 100mbps line but in my country the line providers are doubling everyone's speeds so I now have 200.

My first main router is plugged into the modem and gives 200 via WiFi and if wired but for some reason I can't get 200 from my second router which is setup as a access point wired to the first one, the cable linking the two of them is a 50m Cat6 cable.
Cable connecting my device and the second router is a cat5e cable, gigabit switch and another cat5e cable

Please help
Start by eliminating the 50m cable. Put the two routers in the same room. Disable WIFI on router 1 and use router 2 WIFI. If that works, then your cable is the problem...

kanewolf

Titan

Please help
Start by eliminating the 50m cable. Put the two routers in the same room. Disable WIFI on router 1 and use router 2 WIFI. If that works, then your cable is the problem. If that doesn't work, then do a factory reset on router 2 and configure AP mode again. It is possible that there is something in using that router as an AP that limits performance. I have never seen or used that brand of equipment.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution