[SOLVED] Not getting into Windows 10

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 13, 2020
When I started to play CS GO, BSOD appears telling error code Memory Management. But I used Memory Diagnostics to check any problem with RAM. But everything is ok with RAM. After that it went into Windows 10. I scanned for drive errors using sfc /scannow. But no errors. I tried to update the Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 using Windows Update. Then I restarted then I can't get into Windows 10. It restarts first time when i try to enter. Then second time, automatic repair runs but it can't fix it. Then pc shuts down. Help me to come out this.

Solution
lets assume (for now) memory management is just a driver error

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

did you do the backup thing before?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

I think your best idea is a clean install using the USB, especially since reset won't work.

boot from installer
follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
if i didn't know that a clean install was the ideal solution before, i do now.
Almost everytime i see srtrail.txt the best solution is a clean install.

try making a new installer on another USB and see if its any better.

try making this, I just want to see if it will boot any USB at all - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/ (I don't want you to install linux, this is just to see if it will run the live usb. if it does, could run some tests.

might be waste of time but i don't understand the blue screen. is there a flashing cursor in corner? have you tried hitting enter while blue screen showing?

Dec 13, 2020
if i didn't know that a clean install was the ideal solution before, i do now.
Almost everytime i see srtrail.txt the best solution is a clean install.

try making a new installer on another USB and see if its any better.

try making this, I just want to see if it will boot any USB at all - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/ (I don't want you to install linux, this is just to see if it will run the live usb. if it does, could run some tests.

might be waste of time but i don't understand the blue screen. is there a flashing cursor in corner? have you tried hitting enter while blue screen showing?
I have a fedora 21 os in a CD shall i try to install it to check?

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you can get into linux, run some hardware scans on PC as its possible the hdd is damaged. I been meaning to say, memory management could be hdd as windows counts the C drive as memory as its where the page file is.

I will look at a few angles when i get back but it won't be for a few hours or more.

No it didn't work still the same problem. Leave the OS installation problem. Help me with the OS problem. Why I can't get into Windows 10.
Because Windows is corrupted, for whatever reason, and then probably the fact that you tried to do a repair or a reset that failed has made that option completely gone with the wind. It's VERY doubtful that you'll be able to get the existing Windows installation to boot now that you've attempted and failed to complete any other kind of process like repair, reset, refresh, etc.

I would be incredibly surprised if there is any process that allows that to happen at this point. Your best bet is almost certainly getting Windows to install properly.

The first thing I would recommend is that you make new installation media using the process outlined in my guide that Colif linked you to earlier, using the Windows media creation tool, and if that circles back to the same type of problem after creating NEW installation media then I'd try a different USB drive and create new installation media on that.

If that still fails to work, the fact that you are able to get into the BIOS with no problems, and system errors before it even tries to start installing anything tells me that the problem is likely related to the USB drive or motherboard, but there is always an outside chance that you have a faulty HDD or SSD.

Couple of things that need to be answered.

First, FULL hardware specifications including ALL model numbers for CPU, motherboard, memory kit, exact PSU model and how long it has been in service, exact model of all attached drives and approximate length of time those have been in service.

Also, what motherboard BIOS version is currently installed?

Also, have you been trying the same USB port all this time or have you tried various different ones? Are you trying to use a front panel or hub USB port or are you using one on the back of the motherboard? What color is the USB port you are trying to use, black, blue, yellow, red, etc.?

How long has this system been built and in use for? This may require that you pull the CPU cooler and CPU and check to make sure there is not a problem with a bent pin or two, and also that there is not a motherboard standoff where one doesn't belong under the motherboard that has worn through the protective coating and is shorting something out now.

These are all possibilities that need to be eliminated, or confirmed.