NTLDR missing after full system recovery with xp built

Please somone help !!! I just recently tried to do a Full system
recovery on
xp.
According to HP i dont need recovery discs as its allready in the
partition memory..
But all i get is a prompt asking me to insert the recovery disc after
about an hour..
so coz i hav’nt got a disk i turned the pc off..
Now all i get is NTLDR MISSING
PRESS CTRL ALT DEL TO RESTART
and this just keeps happening..
any ideas anyone

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-NTLDR-missing-full-system-recovery-xp-built-ftopict406637.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1348551

If there is no recovery disk then one must assume there is a separate
(probably hidden) partition used for that purpose.

Are you following HP's documented recovery procedure? It's possible
that there is a BIOS entry that needs to be changed in order for
recovery to take place. Check your documentation carefully, and if that
fails to produce a fruitful answer I'd contact HP - unless somebody
here has a similar computer and can help.

azulsirena88

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Hi, I am having almost the same problem. Except that mine was caused because the sys recovery did not recognize my 2nd boot disk/DVD. I ended up shutting down the computer and now I just get that NTLDR message. Can you please tell me how you resolved the problem?

i also have almost the same problem. im about to reformat my hp laptop coz theres a virus on it my norton anti virus is not scanning anymore so i tried to reformat my laptop using system recovery or recovery manager but when i start pressing it my laptop restarted and it says NTLDR IS MISSING press ctrl + alt+ delete to restart and nothing happens. how can i find the NTLDR or how can i solve this problem? i dnt have windows installion cd when i but it coz they say its on partition recovery.