Nvidia: AMD's Lead in DirectX 11 is ''Insignificant''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Nothing new here.. Telling us AMD's release is "insignificant" and not giving us additional information on what your cards can do is like saying nothing at all.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
They didn't take a huge hit in being months late, behind, and horrid drivers with DirectX 10.1. Why would he worried about being 2 full APIs behind with there flagship cards?

I think the only thing keeping them afloat is the stigma ATi got from years of poor performance and drivers from the pre-AMD years.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
"Hara also called AMD's 60-day gain "insignificant" which really sound like fighting words."

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the title. :)

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I guess Nvidia decided to stop manufacturing GPUs and chipsets so they can focus all their efforts on negative propaganda against the competition.

G

I'll believe it when I see it Nvidia. Show me the hardware already.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I've already went to a 5850 and I have no plans on turning back. I know that I'm not alone in my move.

Nvidia is going to suffer from being behind, the question is just how much

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
laging behind a couple of months does not matter? come on nvidia, you are in the tech industry, a couple of months might as well be a couple of years!

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I CAN SEE IT NOW .... move all resources into developing the best comebacks !!! .... "youuuuur stuuuuuupid" ........(GOOD COMEBACK GUYS RELEASE IT NEXT MONTH).....in ur face AMD !

can i get an EPIC FAIL ?

[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]laging behind a couple of months does not matter? come on nvidia, you are in the tech industry, a couple of months might as well be a couple of years![/citation]
+1. Last time I checked, Intel/AMD,etc are on a 6th month schedule for releasing stuff.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
shut up Nvidia, I'm so sick of your arguments, and your cartoons, and your blocking of PhysX if there is a competitors card in the system...
and most of all your buggy crappy drivers that pretty much mean you have to install a different driver for each game you want to play.

AND your dodgy mobile graphics card that you put in my dell laptop that meted FOR EVERYONE, and then you refuse to fix the problem.

I'm not going to buy a gpu from ati because of dx11, I'm going to buy a gpu from ati, because I HATE you!

G

pleeeeeeease nvidia... show us some DX11 cards already... that way I can buy my Radeons at competitive prices

ilockitdown

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
nvidia seems fairly insignificant at the moment... its as if they're bashing other companies more than trying to release competitive video cards

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Crap like this is why I didn't wait for Fermi and bought an ATI 5850. When's the last time you heard ATI call a new graphics API "insignificant"?

Slowly but surely, Intel and Nvidia's actions are turning me into an AMD fanboy. Keep at it guys... your marketing's working! (for AMD).

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
We can all understand what kind of marketing nVidia would be using if the tables were reversed and they had DX11 stuff out while ATI didn't! Reminds me of the jealous friend who didn't think my new car was nice until he got the exact same one and then it was so nice all of a sudden. Immature if you ask me...

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
And to follow up, I have a GTX275 so I am not an nVidia hater, but let's face it, the current DX11 cards from ATI aren't mediocre stuff put out just to beat nVidia in the DX11 race - I mean these new ATI cards are quality stuff even without the DX11 benefit - as far as I see it DX11 is just the icing on the cake...

Status
Not open for further replies.