Nvidia CEO: Apple Uses the Best Technology

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Glorian[/nom]Best technology huh? then tell me why when I was pricing gaming laptops between alienware vs apple, granted for two different laptops with the same cpu/ram/ssd I was supprised they were priced within 50 bucks...EXCEPT the apple comes with a 9600m gt graphics and the alienware comes with crossfired 4870's?! for 50 bucks less!I know its alienware/dell but i used it to prove a point.[/citation]
Gaming laptop? That's an oxymoron, unless you believe the I'm a PC commercial with the ugly kid and his shrill "mom." You could buy a cheap laptop for work and a decent desktop for games that outperforms a "gaming laptop" for the same money. Unless you're a college student, then you should really not waste your time with games and spend your time studying, socializing, and banging chicks (or dudes?).

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I knew there were gong to be some biters with "gaming laptop" but it was an argument against apple, If I really wanted to shame apple , I would simply post a build versus their Mac pro, which in fact you can part together from newegg for half the price of their precious flagship tower. who here in their right mind would pay $3000 for a i7, 6g ram, 1 tb hdd, and a 4870?why cause it comes in a pretty silver case with handles?

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
did I hear "MAD! MAD! and MAD!" ?

All Mac? Whole family is Mac?

That means your whole family is a fail.

As much as I respect Nvidia as a cool chipset/video company. those statements is just a fail.

Mardy Matt

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
People buy Macs because a lot of the professional-standard software comes on Mac. Final Cut Pro, an industry standard video-editing program is only available on Mac. Windows is a clunky operating system - registries? Come on!

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I've never heard anything come out of Nvidia's mouth that more caused me to want to buy an ATI product. Way to go Mr. CEO, alienate the intelligent computer crowd by dissing PCs and the people who build them. The very people, I might add, that pay for 90+% of your income.

It would be one thing if you were right, Mr. Jen-Hsun Huang, but you aren't. It's a fact that can be shown in 15 minutes by anyone with access to newegg.com and apple.com.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
oh dear god Nvidia don't let us down like that. Still I wouldn't switch to ATI I think nvidia is just trying to help out the underdog (which will always be the underdog as long as they sell crippleware computers)

adillhoff

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]Ugh... Macs are just PC's with higher end PC parts and a propriortory operating system[/citation]

Since when did mainstream processors and low end graphics cards become "higher end"?

ritalinod

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]You Mac-haters are really funny. Have you missed that iMac is a monitor PLUS a computer in the monitor case?Look at your PC tower. And now look at your monitor. Now try to figure out how you can put your PC's power supply, motherboard, heatsink, fans, hard drive, DVD drive - in your monitor case, leaving the monitor insides there too. The fact that Apple have managed to squeeze i7 quad core and ATI 4850 and the required power supply there is just amazing.[/citation]

Yer an Idiot. Sony makes the same damn thing for windows users. AND makes a touch screen version for those that are into that kind of thing.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Now it makes sense why nVidia drivers is the most likely reason for a BSOD on Windows computers, they only have Macs to test on.

My guess is that the economy in nVidia has become bad enough that they sell their CEO this way to avoid paying to much in damages for the chipsets that failed in the past.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]You Mac-haters are really funny. Have you missed that iMac is a monitor PLUS a computer in the monitor case?Look at your PC tower. And now look at your monitor. Now try to figure out how you can put your PC's power supply, motherboard, heatsink, fans, hard drive, DVD drive - in your monitor case, leaving the monitor insides there too. The fact that Apple have managed to squeeze i7 quad core and ATI 4850 and the required power supply there is just amazing.[/citation]

[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]@manosI also use only AMD and ATI in my PCs, which I build myself and overclock, but I use them mostly because I want to support my new home country Canada![/citation]

serkol, stick to ur programing. You have no clue when it comes to PC (a MAC is a PC - Personal Computer. Don't give me that MAC Crap.)hardware. And it goes to show, how you pathetic you look for posting that. Most Programers I know, have very little knowledge in PC hardware. If you really knew anything about PC hardware, you'd know Apple isn't the only one who builds the "all-in-one" like you so adamantly stated.

[citation][nom]Mardy Matt[/nom]People buy Macs because a lot of the professional-standard software comes on Mac. Final Cut Pro, an industry standard video-editing program is only available on Mac. Windows is a clunky operating system - registries? Come on![/citation]

Another idiot. I guess you can't fix stupid.

[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]Ugh... Macs are just PC's with higher end PC parts and a propriortory operating system[/citation]

Well at least you understand the underlying MAC "Wool-over-eyes" concept. Adillhoff already corrected you. Macs never use current hardware. Macs have always used yesterdays.

[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]WTF is he smoking?[/citation]
I'd like to know too. Damn, what ever he is smoking must be the sChitZ!

Lastly...
WTF is going on at Toms nowadays? This site is basically for Tech Heads and from all the posts, it looks like its being over runned by your average joe/jane who thinks they are tech savvy. I have nothing aginst these type of people visiting this website but when they start posting stupid comments and think they know it all, they deserve to get bashed. Also I see more and more young bucks without a clue always ranting along with these clueless joe/jane who think they are soooo techy.

Either that or its all the MAC Heads who resembles Paris Hilton (*cough*..they think they are smart. And Yes, I'd still do her, who wouldn't?).

Brown Noser, Butt Kisser, etc...Nvidia is doing just that here.

Nuff said.

joescalon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
OK and the point is?? I was just on the apple website and there imacs come with ATI graphic cards hmmm...useless Nvidia apple also uses ATI..

commodore-64

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Like before...APPLE is for retards...bad to see that nvidia CEO also seems to be a retard.....damn....i might change to ATi cards from that point of view :)

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]You can get a i7 now in the 27" iMac if you wish.[/citation]

i7 but neither 5870 nor CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.