nvidia gtx 970 is it good

Simming lover

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
hi guys is this graphics card good for gaming without lag or crash

Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card (4GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0)

Solution
Yes, this is a very good card and it will serve you well for a long time at 1080p gaming at high settings. It's currently the best performance/price option out there too. Make sure to buy from a good brand though (Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, Gainward, etc). What brand you get doesn't matter a lot. Difference is noise and temperature levels. After some searching on google, you can safely decide which brand you want, but then again, it doesn't make a world of difference.

Chickenator

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Yes, this is a very good card and it will serve you well for a long time at 1080p gaming at high settings. It's currently the best performance/price option out there too. Make sure to buy from a good brand though (Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, Gainward, etc). What brand you get doesn't matter a lot. Difference is noise and temperature levels. After some searching on google, you can safely decide which brand you want, but then again, it doesn't make a world of difference.

Solution

Simming lover

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014

im building my own pc but I was thinking about this

Intel Core i7-3770 processor
16gb of ram
250gb ssd
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (SP1)
2TB Hard Drive

idont know about any of the rest of it I need to figure it out but these are the main parts I will get any help on additional support on other items for this build greatly appreciated thanks

Chickenator

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Nice build you've got there! Just want to mention that you won't ever use 16gb RAM on games. However it can be used to load applications to it so that they start faster. (just a heads up)

Nextg_Rival

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015
I would rather go with an i5 4690k and a water cooling (H100i maybe) for overclocking, 8 or 16 GB of RAM depending on your preference with the GTX 970. I'd drop the SSD too - very little benefit for too high of a cost.