Mar 30, 2019
Hey everyone, it is my first time posting here so hope the post meets all the requirements! I am really desperate here.
If the thread is in the wrong section, please move, don’t delete :)

I am in the process of building a new rig and as a student and I didn’t have enough money to complete it just yet. I have bought some parts that were discounted and cam bundleded with some games.
I got ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 ROG STRIX Advanced - 8GB GDDR6 RAM Graphics card with their Triple Threat bundle, and in order to redeem the game code, I need to install the new GPU, install the GeForce Experience App (which I have, but running an older GPU) and confirm the hardware.
Redemption expires 2nd of May, and I am 100% sure I won’t complete the rig until then.
I’ve contacted Nvidia support and they said they can’t help me because the code is connected to the hardware - and I’m honestly a bit pissed because it wasn’t cheap and it’s torture enough I can’t use the new PC but now I can’t even play the game.

My question is - is there a way to trick the system into thinking I have the new GPU installed, a software you recommend or similar?

PS. I am happy to confirm I am not just cheating the system without actually buying the GPU - I do have the promotion code and the invoice.

Thanks in advance,
Ary

I'm also confused. Why not activate it?
Software is NOT linked to hardware (unless its Windows 10 in some cases).
I am playing games I bought 20 years ago - but my hardware isn't 20 years old.....
You seem to have misunderstood how software works.

Also, because I travel from country to country I have several PC's and all I do is bring my HD with me, so I can play games where ever I maybe... again NOT linked to Hardware

USAFRet

Titan
I am playing games I bought 20 years ago - but my hardware isn't 20 years old.....

Also, because I travel from country to country I have several PC's and all I do is bring my HD with me, so I can play games where ever I maybe... again NOT linked to Hardware
The game came as a bundle with the GPU. Apparently it wants to see the GPU to activate the license.

Mar 30, 2019
If you have the card, then why wouldn't you just install it now on your existing system and activate the code? >_>
^ this. It will tie the game to your origin or steam account, not that specific build. Then put old gpu back in and upgrade when you can. It just needs to boot, not play the game.

I am aware that I can play the game with my current build, and that the game itself has nothing to do with hardware. But in order to even get the license code for the game, nvidia’s software requires the hardware to be installed and they said there is no workaround.

And yes I have thought of that but it physically does not fit into my current tower. It’s a cheap old tower and the disc mount is not removable, and even the current GPU barely fits, and it’s dual fan.

And to try some sort of experimental run with connected components outside the tower, I am honestly a bit scared not to mess something up? I barely have any experience with physical side of building a PC (soz don’t judge)

But thanks for the ideas!

OK, then you have 2 options
  1. Buy a RISER for the PCI-E - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Express-Riser-Extender-Flexible-Extension/dp/B008BZBFTG
  2. remove the main board from the computer and plug it in that way - just don't put the motherboard on a metal surface.
To remove the computer, you don't need a degree, just some confidence. Take photos of everything, label it if necessary, then remove the cables one by one.
then start to remove the main board, after you have removed the cables AND the existing GPU.
You don't need to touch the RAM or CPU at all.
Just the cables from the hard disks, power supply. cd drive, front panel.
But I cannot stress enough TAKE PHOTOS BEFORE so you can see where they come from and/or take NOTES on paper.