Question Nvidia MX150 driver install crashing and code 43 on Acer E5-576G ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2022
Hello TH Community.

I've been having this driver install issue where Windows would BSOD around 10% of the install, reporting an error for nvlddmkm.sys with usually the "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" stop code.
Yes, I have used DDU each time before installing a new driver version

I'm using an Acer e5-576g variant with the Nvidia MX150

I used multiple different Nvidia driver versions with varying effects, Here's what I found:

USING Nvidia Driver Ver. 388.63 [Dated: 2018/03/30] (Downloaded through Acer's website on the laptop) and Driver Ver. 26.21.14.4223 [Dated: 2020/01/30] (Downloaded through update driver option in Device Manager):
-Driver 'successfully' installs, but reports a code 43 in Device Manager after restarting

USING Nvidia Driver Ver. 472.312 [Dated: 2021/09/20] (Latest driver with "Standard" Windows Driver type available for MX150 from Nvidia's Advanced Driver Search):
-Driver install crashes around 10-20% in with the nvlddmkm.sys "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" stop code.

USING Nvidia Driver Ver. 527.37 [Dated: 2022/12/01] (Latest driver as of writing, both through Nvidia Experience and through the website downloads) and everything else:
-Driver install also crashes around 10-20% in with the nvlddmkm.sys but with "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" stop code.

USING Nvidia Driver Ver. 527.37 [Dated: 2022/12/01] BUT installed through safe mode:
-Driver 'successfully' installs, but causes a boot loop forcing Automatic Repair

I've tried every trick up my sleeve, this is all through a freshly installed window instance, I tried using an older version of windows and the latest one but they're just showing the same driver error results.
I also tried using every solution google has shown, code43fixes, registry edits, power plan switched to high performance, sfc /scannow, updated chipset, bios and everything else drivers.
nothing worked so far.

I installed GPU-Z and HWINFO and both are detecting the MX150 so I assume it is not a hardware issue which would be the worst case scenario if it was.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd try and first see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Then check and see if your OS is pending any updates. Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10 what version(not edition) of the OS are you on?

all through a freshly installed window instance, I tried using an older version of windows and the latest one but they're just showing the same driver error results.
Where did you source the installers for your OS?

Nvidia MX150 driver install crashing and code 43
Use GPU-Z to see what the memory of said GPU is being reported as. As a side note, do you see an artifacting on the panel/screen? If so, then that would be in corroboration with the error code which is, your GPU is dead/dying.

Dec 8, 2022
I have installed the latest available BIOS update from Acer's website (version 1.49 dated 2019/03/22), Im currently running Win10 Version 22H2

my OS installers are the media creation tools from Microsoft's website, one is from 1903 and the other one is the 22H2.

there are no artifacts on the screen but that does not really say much about the MX150 dying because the laptop output screen is using the Intel UHD iGPU.
The memory type and size is not showing up on GPU-Z, note that I had to install the 388.63 drivers in order to get GPU-Z to read the card
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.