NVIDIA nForce 590/680i For Conroe, Where Are They? HERE!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
its also signifantly cheaper! 150 bucks for a feature rich motherboard with SLI works for me.

I didn't think i'd do SLI but i'm now thinking that since i plan to get windows vista it might be a good idea to have that option just in case.

Guys, u should seriously consider waiting a few days for the nForce 590 chipset mobos to be released. Asus and DFI are rumored to release them August 1st. Here's Anandtech's review on 590: here u go You don't have to restart windows to change BIOS! Performance wise it's very close, pretty much identical to intel's 975X, but has way better features IMO. I'm definitely waiting!

IdiotNewb

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
bah, i don't think i can wait until the end of august!

Read on buddy, I already replied to his post, that they could even be here this coming week.

False.

The nforce4 nvidia motherboards that are conroe compatible are the ones you are talking about. The Nforce 590 is a completely different chipset. It will not be out till the end of August most likely. No one even has announced official motherboards for that chipset yet because they are still working with the engineering samples. These are two different chipsets we are talking about here. The 590 chipset is the one that has the advanced memory stuff, first packet, quad sli capable etc. The nforce4 motherboards you are talking about are the same motherboards that have allready been out for 2 months(in most cases) that have been capatible with the pre-conroe cpu's. They have just made those boards compatible with conroe and should be shipping this next week, but they are not the same animal as the nforce 590.

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
No, I'm not making a mistake, although I can see why you'd think that. I do know that nForce 4 sli has been out for a long time, and they are releasing a few new nForce 4 sli mobos as of late, actually on the 27th or something. However, I'm talking about nForce 590 sli, the real deal. Check this out:

With all the buzz surrounding the Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA's Bryan Del Rizzo passed along the following information in regards to nForce4 and nForce 500 support.
We are really excited about the introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo into the marketplace, and we have a whole top-to-bottom family of products from the NVIDIA nForce4 and NVIDIA nForce 500 families, including the industry's only true dual x16 PCIe solution, as well as support for NVIDIA QuadSLI.

Currently, the first product shipping with support for Intel Core 2 Duo will be the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE motherboard. This motherboard is based on the award-winning NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP and should be available around 7/27.

In addition, many system builders are using this motherboard for their first Intel Core 2 Duo systems. We will have a press release later this month outlining all of the global system builders for NVIDIA nForce products.

There are an assortment of NVIDIA nForce 500-based motherboards coming. They include:

An ECS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $90 USD!

An ASUS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $110 USD.

A DFI nForce 590 SLI motherboard. I don't know their retail price yet.

An ASUS 590 SLI motherboard. Retail price will be under $200 USD with availability around 8/1.

This is why I'm waiting
-Paul

interesting ... =)

No, I'm not making a mistake, although I can see why you'd think that. I do know that nForce 4 sli has been out for a long time, and they are releasing a few new nForce 4 sli mobos as of late, actually on the 27th or something. However, I'm talking about nForce 590 sli, the real deal. Check this out:

With all the buzz surrounding the Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA's Bryan Del Rizzo passed along the following information in regards to nForce4 and nForce 500 support.
We are really excited about the introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo into the marketplace, and we have a whole top-to-bottom family of products from the NVIDIA nForce4 and NVIDIA nForce 500 families, including the industry's only true dual x16 PCIe solution, as well as support for NVIDIA QuadSLI.

Currently, the first product shipping with support for Intel Core 2 Duo will be the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE motherboard. This motherboard is based on the award-winning NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP and should be available around 7/27.

In addition, many system builders are using this motherboard for their first Intel Core 2 Duo systems. We will have a press release later this month outlining all of the global system builders for NVIDIA nForce products.

There are an assortment of NVIDIA nForce 500-based motherboards coming. They include:

An ASUS 590 SLI motherboard. Retail price will be under $200 USD with availability around 8/1.

This is why I'm waiting
-Paul

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I just went to the NVIDIA site and ASUS site and there is nothing related to nForce 500 Series. I hope they upgrade their system soon or tell us something.

IdiotNewb

Distinguished
May 25, 2006

This is why I'm waiting
-Paul

I think you will find that the 500 chipset ones still won't be out till the end of August. The 1st is tomorrow. I have been watching ZipZoomfly and NewEgg. Zipzoom has had the P5N32-SLI SE on their site for almost two weeks now but they have not as yet received any shipments. I expect more of the same when the other boards come out so you are still looking at 3-4 weeks longer at least.

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
I think you will find that the 500 chipset ones still won't be out till the end of August. The 1st is tomorrow. I have been watching ZipZoomfly and NewEgg. Zipzoom has had the P5N32-SLI SE on their site for almost two weeks now but they have not as yet received any shipments. I expect more of the same when the other boards come out so you are still looking at 3-4 weeks longer at least.

Damn, I hope not... that'd be really frustrating, cause I'm only waiting on that and my X6800 to ship, other than that I could build my computer in a few days. I go back to college on the 23rd, so I'd really like to have it built by then. If not, oh well I guess. Thanks for the info, and I guess we can all just keep watching and keeping each other updated. I think I'll even give Asus and nVidia calls today. If I find anything out I'll let u guys know.
-Paul

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
I don't know whether it's hardware or software, this is the first I've heard of it. I had read your question before I wrote to nVidia about a date for the 590 launch, so I asked them your question too.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Dont waste your money on x8 PCI'express ports they wont compare to a 590 in any way.

Tomorrow we will see what happens keep an eye on ASUS and nVidia

klillas

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Will the 590 be OC friendly in the range of say 1GHZ for the E6600, or is there some other alternative that is already out and working with the E6600?

JollyTime

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Will the 590 be OC friendly in the range of say 1GHZ for the E6600, or is there some other alternative that is already out and working with the E6600?

How is ANYONE gonna have an answer to that, when the boards aren't out yet and no one has tried them out. Do you want a guessing contest? Go flip a coin instead, it'll do you as much good.

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
How is ANYONE gonna have an answer to that, when the boards aren't out yet and no one has tried them out. Do you want a guessing contest? Go flip a coin instead, it'll do you as much good.

Well, reference boards have been out for a while now, and there have been reviews on them, so some people could probably know whether they're likely to be OC friendly. So before biting someone's head off for asking a question, first you should deal with the problem that's making you crabby. It really wasn't a dumb question.

Actually, as of now, they can't OC as well as the 975X boards, but they're going to have improvements as time goes by. I think in general, the Core 2 processors are OC friendly themselves, so I'm pretty sure that any new board will allow it to be OCed pretty well. The E6300 can actually OC the best, almost as much as the X6800 can if u can believe that, close to 4Ghz. However, don't confuse this with being as fast as an X6800, because even tho they're both at the same core speed, the performance is much better on the X6800.
-Paul

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
Guys, I wrote to nVidia and asked them about the Asus and DFI boards coming out with the 590 SLI chipset, and they were pretty vague. Here's they're reply:
Hello Paul,
Thank you for contacting us. Sorry. Since NVIDIA only makes chips, we have limited control over when they will release their motherboard to the market. I am sure once they feel the product is ready, it'll be ready to ship.

Since each motherboard manufacturer implements their product differently using our chipsets, the feature you described may or may not be available initially. To be 100% sure, please contact the manufacturer directly for more information.

Best regards,
David
NVIDIA

I'm going to try contacting ASUS and DFI, so if anyone here has heard anything new, or have already contacted either of those companies, let me know. Thanks
-Paul

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
Thanks for the post, but that's for socket AM2, not the 775 needed for Core 2. Thanks anyway tho. If you find a motherboard with the 590 SLI with socket 775, then I'll be very excited to hear it! They aren't out yet tho I don't think, not that I can find tho. I'm more interested in when they'll be out, but due to the fact that no one really knows, I'm worried it won't be for a while.

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
Thanks for the post, but that's for socket AM2, not the 775 needed for Core 2. Thanks anyway tho. If you find a motherboard with the 590 SLI with socket 775, then I'll be very excited to hear it! They aren't out yet tho I don't think, not that I can find tho. I'm more interested in when they'll be out, but due to the fact that no one really knows, I'm worried it won't be for a while.
ooppps
my mistake...
guess i should pay closer attention...

Mike995

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Both companys have high and low end products. The x1900 GT is quite a competitor in both price and performance with the 7900 GT. The x1900 XT you simply cannot beat for price and performance. I can buy one for 445 $ the closest performing nVidia card is over 600 $. Both companys produce great products, and no matter what you hear both gfx manufacturers have flawed drivers.

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
so is ther any updates i am waighting around to find out when i should be looking for the 590 slias well looking to what it has to bring to the plate will go great with 6800 and epp ram