Nvidia Releases Beta Drivers for Battlefield 3 Beta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Pre ordered thru Origin on Friday so there would be no doubt. I rather would have got it on Steam but EA shut that down and Im not happy about that. The drivers for AMD will come anytime this week I read so be patient. Their new 11.9 drivers will come by weeks end as well. 2 x 6970s in xfire 2560 x 1600 res on my desktop and a gtx460m/Sandy i7 on my 1080p laptop so Im ready on both gaming systems.

Did you change your setup? Last I remember, you had SLI 570s or 580s... can't remember. Exactly what's the point of posting your specs in every BF3 thread? We get it, you'll max it out. So? Like anyone cares :lol:

apexle

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
If I didn't pre-order from Origin (ordered from direct-download), am I still able to get access to the open beta on Sept 29th or is that available to anyone who has Origin regardless if they pre-ordered the game or not?

I am assuming open beta means its accessible to anyone. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

G

I have SLI GTX580s

I downloaded and updated my drivers to this beta release.

Quick question.

Should I...

1. Enable SLI mode for my setup
2. Disable SLI mode and make 1 card a dedicated Physix card?

bee144

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
[citation][nom]DOTCOMCEO[/nom]I have SLI GTX580sI downloaded and updated my drivers to this beta release.Quick question.Should I...1. Enable SLI mode for my setup 2. Disable SLI mode and make 1 card a dedicated Physix card?[/citation]

This game does not use Physix so make sure to set the cards in SLI. Nice setup btw! Jealous!

HMRkingpin

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]
10ntk6d.png
Read wat?[/citation]

1196ijb.jpg

This is what I saw.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Well, makes sense, but you can't tell me to "READ"... I couldn't possibly see this screen :)

Again... nVidia should figure out their show... why do users with non-recommended cards get to see the settings and users with required cards do not? :D Also, is that a 560 or 560 Ti they're referring to on your pic?

HMRkingpin

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Sorry I figured we all saw the same screen. They probably show that to non-recommended to sell them cards haha. I would assume 560, but who knows if they just left out the "ti".

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

It's alright... but I'm sick of two things: 1) people (and nVidia themselves!) mixing up the 560 and the 560 Ti 2) nVidia introducing two annoying names which led to so many confusions. What, couldn't call it GTX555? :D

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
All these specific tweaks for each game is one of the reasons we get such buggy PC games. They need to stick to a standard for all, if the game runs crappy it will be the developers problem but then the developer will know exactly what to code for since the video drivers will be the same standard to write for, sadly this is what the consoles have been doing for a long time.

G

Yo people whats up...played bf3 beta now , the metro map...i must say the game looks good and stuff but its just not that same battlefield game...I hope they put a hard core mod or something cuz the hud is all over the place and makes the game kinda unjoyable...Anyway, i have a GTX560 non-ti ,4 gigs of ram and Corei5 2500k+ 3.6ghz, and the game works better than i expected, few slow downs here and there but its beta, and i also didnt download the driver. I saw that "beta " in the driver , and i hope it doesnt screw up something in my windows...beta stuff does that grr.

Status
Not open for further replies.