NZXT Adds Larger, More Affordable AIO CPU Coolers To Kraken Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
seems like there are loads of Asetek 360mm AIOs for FAR less than $200, & even some great expandable/maintainable full-copper options for less. NZXT's pricing people have lost their minds with this, as they did with that mobo. actually, i can't think of any NZXT product that is better value than the competition offerings... hmm...

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
lets face it, NZXT AIOs are all about the looks

when it comes to performance, any AIO of same radiator size will perform in same way because of Asetek having monopoly on pumps and holding troll patent on their pumps

then we have fans that can be replaced by any brand (looking forward when manufacturers will sell no-fan versions of AIOs)

and then we have all the fancy stuff of looks

i would also love if NZXT AIOs had, say, optional RGB external source cable (lets remember they are addressable so its 3-pin) but at least the CAM software provides extremely large range of effects (contrary to other half baked control software)

sinaptic

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Not a huge departure from what they're already been offering... I've used older NZXT AIOs on (moderately) overclocked CPUS and GPUs to this day without issue... UNLESS you count their CAM software (your only option to control the majority of these coolers' features) which is bloated garbage that seems to break every other update or so.

You are forgetting about just one thing: Radiator's FPI. That's the main reason the freezer 240 performs so well against other 240 radiators.

Of course, that's still easily found in all flavours, but it's still an important design consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.