Question NZXT H5 Elite F140 RGB not working.

TheSecomd1

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
the RGB on my Kraken elite 280 aren't lighting properly. there is one LED that is lit on both of the fans and the rest are dark. The fans/pump work because the NZXT CAM software can detect them on the cooling tab, and it gives me the RPM of the fans. On the lighting tab, NZXT CAM can only detect one F140 RGB and it says it's on Channel 2.

My Specs:
NZXT H5 Elite
I7-12700K
Kraken Elite 280
RTX 4080
ROG STRIX Z790-E
64 gb Corsair Vengeance
EVGA 1000 GT SuperNova
2 TB 980 Pro
2 TB 990 Pro

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I would first try and disconnect all fans for your AIO from the system, then hook each fan one by one, but not while the system is powered up and running. Instead, hook one fan to the daisy chain harness/hub, once it's successfully powered up and lit up, power down, connect the next fan and do the same step mentioned prior.

You could also try and uninstall NZXT's CAM app and then manually reinstall said app in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

TheSecomd1

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
I would first try and disconnect all fans for your AIO from the system, then hook each fan one by one, but not while the system is powered up and running. Instead, hook one fan to the daisy chain harness/hub, once it's successfully powered up and lit up, power down, connect the next fan and do the same step mentioned prior.

You could also try and uninstall NZXT's CAM app and then manually reinstall said app in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard?
BIOS Version: 0813 x64

How would I daisy chain them if the fans are connected to the AIO Pump? The Kraken elite 280 came with a fan splitter cable that’s connected to the pump. 1 has 4 pins and the other 2 have 3 pins. I don’t think it’s the software because when I hooked up an old power supply (Corsair CX750M) the RGB LEDs powered on just fine. I also hooked up another RGB connector and it did the same thing.

On the PSU, should I have the SATA cable connected to the SATA port or the Perif port? (It’s currently plugged into the SATA 1 port)

Last edited: