Question NZXT Kraken Elite 360 AIO and Lian Li P28 fan question.

AMDFan83

Reputable
Dec 26, 2020
Hey guys, I'm helping my friend out on his first ever computer that he purchased used from his coworker. He's not really into rgb so hes going to replace all 7 nzxt rgb fans (4 case and 3 on a kraken elite 360 cooler). He really likes the black Lian Li p28 fans for their performance and their ability to daisy chain together. The computer also came with an NZXT fan controller which uses the CAM software to control fan speeds. So before he spends the money on those Lian Li fans we'd like to know if the CAM software will recognize any PWM fan including the Lian Li or does it have to be brand specific to NZXT? Thanks

we'd like to know if the CAM software will recognize any PWM fan
as far as i've seen, the Lian Li CAM software only allows control of fans using their proprietary connection to their own hub(s).

any motherboard supported 4pin fans would need to be controlled through motherboard control software or other options(SpeedFan, etc).

there are many other nice fans available than those Lian Li models though.
just for some basic examples;
be quiet! Silent Wings 4 High-Speed,
Noctua iPPC,
Phanteks M25, etc...

AMDFan83

Reputable
Dec 26, 2020
as far as i've seen, the Lian Li CAM software only allows control of fans using their proprietary connection to their own hub(s).
I could be wrong but aren't all pwm fan cables universal? How would the CAM software know you are not using their brand of fans if the cables are same? I would agree if we were talking about rgb cables as some brands have proprietary cables. Maybe i'm missing something? Anyways I'll let my friend know to look into the other fans you've mentioned.