NZXT Kraken x62 Rad Fan Not Spinning

kylereynolds1026

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Ok so this might be a stupid question, but I just finished up building my new system and I noticed that one of my rad fans weren't spinning on my NZXT Kraken x62. I have the 3 pin connector from the power cable plugged into the cpu_fan header, the usb cable from the unit itself plugged into a usb 2.0 header on my moboard, and have one fan plugged into the master 4 pin fan connector on the daisy chain and the other plugged into one of the slave connectors per the instructions. Only one of my fans is spinning constantly though and the other kind of cycles on and off at fairly irregular intervals (if at all). At first I figured it was because the cpu wasn't reaching a high enough temperature threshold to enable both of the fans, but it's still a little disconcerting. Any thoughts? Thanks for your input in advance :)

Solution
Both Rad fans should be connected to the CPU_FAN header using a "Y" splitter and that way they will both operate at same RPM. 3pin connection has no control without a dedicated controller. 4pin can be controlled thru Bios.

All this also depends somewhat on the MB so list the MB if the above fails to work.

The NZXT Kraken x62 is a great AIO and i'm sure this will be a simple fix.
Both Rad fans should be connected to the CPU_FAN header using a "Y" splitter and that way they will both operate at same RPM. 3pin connection has no control without a dedicated controller. 4pin can be controlled thru Bios.

All this also depends somewhat on the MB so list the MB if the above fails to work.

The NZXT Kraken x62 is a great AIO and i'm sure this will be a simple fix.

Solution