O/T: For the techies

I've been thinking about sending some home movies back home for the family,
but some of them don't even have VCRs anymore.
I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard drive and burning
them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion as to the best Windows Media to DVD
converter?

hmm, try http://www.videohelp.com/

"Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I've been thinking about sending some home movies back home for the
> family, but some of them don't even have VCRs anymore.
> I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard drive and
> burning them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion as to the best Windows
> Media to DVD converter?

Borrow someone's MAC.

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> I've been thinking about sending some home movies back home for the
>> family, but some of them don't even have VCRs anymore.
>> I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard drive and
>> burning them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion as to the best Windows
>> Media to DVD converter?
>>

> Borrow someone's MAC.

Yes this will make an excellent place to set your coffee cup while you work
on a real computer.

- Cryo

Cryofax wrote:

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
> >
> > "Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
> >> I've been thinking about sending some home movies back home for the
> >> family, but some of them don't even have VCRs anymore.
> >> I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard drive and
> >> burning them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion as to the best Windows
> >> Media to DVD converter?
> >>

> > Borrow someone's MAC.
>
> Yes this will make an excellent place to set your coffee cup while you work
> on a real computer.
>
> - Cryo

Wow....how wonderfully unoriginal of you...

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

Leela - "Fry, we have a crate to deliver."

Fry - "Well let's just dump it in the sewer and say we delivered it."

Bender - "Too much work, let's burn it and say we dumped it in the sewer."

- Futurama, The Series Has Landed

"wd" <wd@none.com> wrote in message news:bWXKd.7192$C24.3918@attbi_s52...

> "Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> I've been thinking about sending some home movies back home for the
> family,
>> but some of them don't even have VCRs anymore.
>> I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard drive and
> burning
>> them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion as to the best Windows Media to
> DVD
>> converter?
>>

> hmm, try http://www.videohelp.com/

Thanks! I found exactly what I needed.

"BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Cryofax wrote:
>
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> >>

>> > Borrow someone's MAC.
>>
>> Yes this will make an excellent place to set your coffee cup while you
>> work
>> on a real computer.
>>
>> - Cryo
>
> Wow....how wonderfully unoriginal of you...

I own 4 PC's and no Mac but my kids work on one in my newspaper/video
editing class. Anyone who doubts the superiority of a Mac for that purpose
(which is all we were talking about) is a(n) [insert insult of intelligence
here].

> Bel
> --
>
> Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
>
> Leela - "Fry, we have a crate to deliver."
>
> Fry - "Well let's just dump it in the sewer and say we delivered it."
>
> Bender - "Too much work, let's burn it and say we dumped it in the sewer."
>
> - Futurama, The Series Has Landed

robin

"Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I've been thinking about sending some home movies back
> home for the family, but some of them don't even have VCRs
> anymore.
> I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard
> drive and burning them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion
> as to the best Windows Media to DVD converter?

Nero, or any of the other DVD burning tools out there, is
good for burning the DVD, but if you would like to add music
and commentary, or do some editing; windows movie maker is
pretty user friendly.

Jordan

You know, I used to think the same thing. But I picked up an A/V Pyro
device for my new computer and have been playing around with Ulead
Video Studio 7.0 and have been really impressed. It's easily as good
and simple to use as Final Cut.

http://www.usbshop.com/pyavlivicaan.html
http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

- Jordan

> "BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> Cryofax wrote:
>>
>>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
>>> message

>>> Yes this will make an excellent place to set your coffee cup while you
>>> work
>>> on a real computer.
>>>
>>> - Cryo
>>
>> Wow....how wonderfully unoriginal of you...

You've obviously heard that before then. I wonder why? So easy to touch a
nerve with you MAC people.

> I own 4 PC's and no Mac but my kids work on one in my newspaper/video
> editing class. Anyone who doubts the superiority of a Mac for that
> purpose (which is all we were talking about) is a(n) [insert insult of
> intelligence here].

You need to stop clinging to stereotypes from 10 years ago. You probably
still think Amiga Video Toaster is the ultimate, don't you?

- Cryo

"Robin" <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> I've been thinking about sending some home movies back home for the
>> family, but some of them don't even have VCRs anymore.
>> I've been thinking about putting home movies onto my hard drive and
>> burning them to DVD. Does anyone have an opinion as to the best Windows
>> Media to DVD converter?
>>

> Nero, or any of the other DVD burning tools out there, is good for burning
> the DVD, but if you would like to add music and commentary, or do some
> editing; windows movie maker is pretty user friendly.

I started playing around with WMM and I like its interface and final
quality. I spent several hours yesterday just goofing around with it.
The software that came with my video camera saves as either mpeg-1 or avi
files, and the quality of both is somewhat lacking. The editing process is
very tiresome.

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message

>>> Wow....how wonderfully unoriginal of you...
>
> You've obviously heard that before then. I wonder why? So easy to touch a
> nerve with you MAC people.

Translation- Its fun being a dick.

>> I own 4 PC's and no Mac but my kids work on one in my newspaper/video
>> editing class. Anyone who doubts the superiority of a Mac for that
>> purpose (which is all we were talking about) is a(n) [insert insult of
>> intelligence here].
>
> You need to stop clinging to stereotypes from 10 years ago. You probably
> still think Amiga Video Toaster is the ultimate, don't you?

Well considering I hadn't used a Mac until 3 years ago, your comment
wouldn't make very much sense now would it?

> "Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message

>> You've obviously heard that before then. I wonder why? So easy to touch a
>> nerve with you MAC people.
>
> Translation- Its fun being a dick.

Damn you cut me right to the bone! Nonetheless, it is fun, and Mac people
are still touchy : p

>>> I own 4 PC's and no Mac but my kids work on one in my newspaper/video
>>> editing class. Anyone who doubts the superiority of a Mac for that
>>> purpose (which is all we were talking about) is a(n) [insert insult of
>>> intelligence here].
>>
>> You need to stop clinging to stereotypes from 10 years ago. You probably
>> still think Amiga Video Toaster is the ultimate, don't you?
>
> Well considering I hadn't used a Mac until 3 years ago, your comment
> wouldn't make very much sense now would it?

Sure it would. Personal experience typically plays a very small role in
stereotypes.

- Cryo

I will admit for sheer coolness factor the new Mac that is all in the
monitor is up there.

> > ...and even easier to spot jackass guys like yourself masturbating to your
> > supposed self worth...
>
> Hand me a tissue, please.

I wouldn't touch your hand with a 40 foot pole...

> > Well, we certainly think your the "ultimate" in idiocy around
> > here....think
> > that'll change in 10 years?
>
> Nah, the "ultimate" in idiocy is the guy who uses "your" as a contraction
> for "you are". Let's see, anybody like that around here?
>
> - Cryo

{yawn} You assume it wasn't an accident, rather I didn't know any
better...quite the contrary. You, on the other hand, were acting like an ass on
purpose...you got what you deserved.

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!
- Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior

>> > ...and even easier to spot jackass guys like yourself masturbating to
>> > your
>> > supposed self worth...
>>
>> Hand me a tissue, please.
>>

> I wouldn't touch your hand with a 40 foot pole...
>

>> > Well, we certainly think your the "ultimate" in idiocy around
>> > here....think
>> > that'll change in 10 years?
>>
>> Nah, the "ultimate" in idiocy is the guy who uses "your" as a contraction
>> for "you are". Let's see, anybody like that around here?
>>
>> - Cryo
>
> {yawn} You assume it wasn't an accident, rather I didn't know any
> better...quite the contrary.

I bet you went over that last post really slowly and carefully, didn't you?

You, on the other hand, were acting like an ass on
> purpose...you got what you deserved.

You sure showed me! The pure illiterate unbridled rage of a moron has
stricken me down!

- Cryo

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

>>> Nah, the "ultimate" in idiocy is the guy who uses "your" as a
>>> contraction
>>> for "you are". Let's see, anybody like that around here?
<snip>
> I bet you went over that last post really slowly and carefully, didn't
> you?

If he did he missed the quotation inside the punctuation, "Nah" isn't a
word, and it is odd not to see a space or two in between sentences. <g>

> > {yawn} You assume it wasn't an accident, rather I didn't know any
> > better...quite the contrary.
>
> I bet you went over that last post really slowly and carefully, didn't you?

Wow, good one buddy! Been planning that for a while now?

> You, on the other hand, were acting like an ass on
> > purpose...you got what you deserved.
>
> You sure showed me! The pure illiterate unbridled rage of a moron has
> stricken me down!
>
> - Cryo

Well, let's review:

1. You've acted like a complete, biased idiot in front of the entire group.

2. You really haven't been able to come up with anything to defend your actions.

3. Now you're down to 3rd grader remarks as you've got nothing left.

Again, you acted like an ass, you got what you deserved...enjoy it.

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Do not eat iPod shuffle."
- Apple Computers

"Thoth" <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote in message
> "Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> <snip>
>> I bet you went over that last post really slowly and carefully, didn't
>> you?
>
> If he did he missed the quotation inside the punctuation, "Nah" isn't a
> word, and it is odd not to see a space or two in between sentences. <g>

Uh... sorry nice try. "Nah" is in fact a word (look it up), though a bit
more on the slang side it is used properly. Not sure what you mean about
quotation inside punctuation or the spacing stuff, it's all proper grammar.

- Cryo