Nappleman

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
Question about best fan placement through out my case. Right now I have a o11 XL with an Ek xe in push/pull intake at the bottom. I also have a nemesis gts 360 in push exhaust at the top, 1 back exhaust fan and 3 intake fans on the side. Is this the most optimal set up? or maybe switching the 3 side intake fans to exhaust and have the majority of air going into the case come from the 6 push/pull fans at the bottom?

Solution
Just do 'chimney style' bottom to top - no need to think too much on it. Heck, the rear and side fans probably add more noise than they contribute to actual cooling...
Then again, I don't have an O11 XL with custom loop to test it either.

I believe the side and top to the be the best/optimal placement for fans/radiators. Steve at Gamers' Nexus already tested this chassis.
The bottom is quite restrictive for airflow compared to the side and top - plus with a radiator down there? Oof. Users can always brute force air from the bottom if they want though.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just do 'chimney style' bottom to top - no need to think too much on it. Heck, the rear and side fans probably add more noise than they contribute to actual cooling...
Then again, I don't have an O11 XL with custom loop to test it either.

I believe the side and top to the be the best/optimal placement for fans/radiators. Steve at Gamers' Nexus already tested this chassis.
The bottom is quite restrictive for airflow compared to the side and top - plus with a radiator down there? Oof. Users can always brute force air from the bottom if they want though.

Solution