Official Windows Vista Thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Well hopefully we can make this the "Official Windows Vista Thread".

Hopefully as people use and experiment with the New Windows Vista, people can come here post there comments, and ask any questions they might have about it here.

Also as you familiarize yourself with Windows Vista you can post any tidbits and any brief reviews to help people.

So far id like to say that it does have some nice new useful features such as..

1. Desktops can really look nice
2. Alt Tab Windows is pretty cool
3. Task Manager // Resource Monitor, is pretty helpful. Good that they describe the processes.

4. Internet Explorer 7 looks alot better then IE6.

Thats just a few things that I like so far about it. In my opinion its alot more different then I thought it was gonna be, certain things I cant even find anymore.

I myself have a question Id like to start off with..

1. How do I know if Aero is enabled?

Thanks hopefully everyone will contribute whatever they can, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want, I will try and learn Vista more in the next few days.

Thanks Storm~

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
You know what i thought looked pretty cool was a little trivial thing. The peel back windows. Now that may be almost useless or dumb but i think its cool.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
This thread might get moved to the Software section, since Vista isn't really hardware, or a CPU.

Just an FYI, in case you go looking for it.

:)

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
This thread might get moved to the Software section, since Vista isn't really hardware, or a CPU.

Just an FYI, in case you go looking for it.

:)

Well we'll just have to make it hardware related because i'm far too lazy to go all the way over top the software forum for just one thread. 8)

One quick way to know if Aero is enabled:

1. Open Internet Explorer (or anything that will show up on the taskbar).

2. Hover the mouse pointer over the open program on the taskbar. If Aero is enabled, a small "preview" window will pop up above the taskbar item so that you can see what is in the window without maximizing it. If Aero is disabled, you won't see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.