8gb Single channel ram
1tb & 750Gb Hard Drive
Gtx 1060 3gb
500 W Power Supply

I have installed MSI Afterburner
now I just need to know what's best and what not to do
obviously don't mess with VOLTAGES

Feb 15, 2019
Overclock in small amounts 10-15 core clock, and 20-25 memory clock. I usually start with core clock. While running Msi Kombustor or another stress test increase the amounts every 1:30-2 MIN until it starts artifacting and clock it back from there. Do the same to the memory once the core clock is stable. You may need to adjust your fan curve as well. After about 15 min your temperatures should stabilize. You may need to clock back more later if it begins artifacting or shuts down a game. Check your max tdp before you start.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's also other settings besides core clock and memory clock. Power limit is also important. At default you'll get both clocks up, but hit a brick wall. That's when you'll need to up the scale on power. That'll enable the gpu to utiilze more, which will allow higher clocks. Some gpus to get all that OC may require a 0.1v bump in voltage, some don't. It's a balancing act with core vs memory vs power limit. But there will come a point where no additional power will help.

cyleshot

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
Overclock in small amounts 10-15 core clock, and 20-25 memory clock. I usually start with core clock. While running Msi Kombustor or another stress test increase the amounts every 1:30-2 MIN until it starts artifacting and clock it back from there. Do the same to the memory once the core clock is stable. You may need to adjust your fan curve as well. After about 15 min your temperatures should stabilize. You may need to clock back more later if it begins artifacting or shuts down a game. Check your max tdp before you start.
What if it wont let me adjust the fan

Feb 15, 2019
Sorry i forgot the power limit I've never had to increase the power. The fan is under fan in settings and you'll have to enable custom fan control.

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Increase power limit to max and start off by increasing the Core Clock by 20mhz everytime. Everytime you increase the clock, run Heaven Benchmark for a bit and monitor your temps. If your GPU doesn't get too hot and doesn't crash, it's a stable clock. Once you find the most stable Core Clock at a MHZ you desire, you can redo the whole process but instead doing it to the Memory Clock.