Question Onboard and GPU HDMI Ports not Working

Feb 27, 2022
I was getting random BSODs earlier and after a couple my PC shut off like it was the first few times but when it booted back up, the lights that are on the side that are usually on were not on and the output from my gpu and onboard graphics were not working with my HDMI. My HDMI cord is perfectly fine and I haven been using it for other things after this problem. No issues that I really know of other than the BSOD.

Power button has to be held down to turn off as well, can't press it once. Power turns on as soon as it is plugged in and not after I press the power button it.

I have an Alienware x51 R2 (yes ik its old)
No idea on the motherboard but pretty sure it is the normal one that comes with the computer.
RAM: 8gb ddr3
GPU: Nvidia MSI Gtx 1050
CPU: I5-3470 at 3.7 ghz
330w power supply

Would like to get this thing working again instead of getting it fixed or spending tons on a new pc.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022
330w power supply
Make and model of the PSU? How old is the PSU in your build?

Remove the discrete GPU from the build and see if you're getting any display output while you connect to the iGPU.

I'm not sure old the psu is but it is just the stock ac-dc psu you get with the computer. Still nothing with the iGPU after taking the 1050 out

Feb 27, 2022
330w power supply
Make and model of the PSU? How old is the PSU in your build?

Remove the discrete GPU from the build and see if you're getting any display output while you connect to the iGPU.

Also one more thing, when pressing the power button, the pc does not turn off.. you have to hold it down for it to power off all the way.