One core not maxing out??

Andromendous

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
This seems strange. Is something wrong here??? Running prime 95 v2.66 on "maximum heat" setting. 3rd core not being maxed out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FqFJBP

2wqafcy.jpg]

Solution
Cores toward the eges of the dye will be cooler than cores towards the middle, thats not an issue unless the middle cores are overheating. Try using manual voltage control instead of offset, offset is the amount of voltage you want to add on top of the normal amount.

Andromendous

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

hmm, ok. I lowered the frequency to 4.2 and it doesnt do it anymore. Guess it just needs more voltage. Ill try your suggestions. Thanks.

Andromendous

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
Somethings Still strange though, that same core is always way cooler than the others, its always been like that, I've re applied thermal paste 3 times, for some reason the bios wont let me select a core voltage "+offset" the numbers are just red when I type them in. When I start the computer and its at idle, it will be at 1.27v but once i start a stress test it will go down to what I have selected "1.26v"

If I select adaptive voltage mode, it doesnt care what I set the voltage at, it just pics what it wants. the only way to choose is to set it as manual. and even then its always .1 or .2 above what I set. Just weird things about this MB.

Rondo Anderson

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Cores toward the eges of the dye will be cooler than cores towards the middle, thats not an issue unless the middle cores are overheating. Try using manual voltage control instead of offset, offset is the amount of voltage you want to add on top of the normal amount.

Solution