[SOLVED] One M.2 Drive Disconnects on High Load

Mr.Vegas

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019
Hello,
I have a STRANGE issue, im on MSI x570 Creation board with latest bios update. the mobo has two m.2 slots, both have Identical SSD's installed Corsair MP510 2tb.
When I do high load write operation on each SSD Separately [one works, second idles] they work fine.
BUT when I do the same operation but on both drives simultaneously, one always Disappears [always the same one] from the system after couple of minutes and only appears back after I reboot the system, also it changes into Read Only in the Disk manager and I need to do 'diskpart /clean' and create new partition, then it works fine.
Basically because of this I cant RAID0 them, also I cant use them together to save time, i do high load write operation and I cant save time and split it across drives.

Thanks

Solution
Hello,
I have a STRANGE issue, im on MSI x570 Creation board with latest bios update. the mobo has two m.2 slots, both have Identical SSD's installed Corsair MP510 2tb.
When I do high load write operation on each SSD Separately [one works, second idles] they work fine.
BUT when I do the same operation but on both drives simultaneously, one always Disappears [always the same one] from the system after couple of minutes and only appears back after I reboot the system, also it changes into Read Only in the Disk manager and I need to do 'diskpart /clean' and create new partition, then it works fine.
Basically because of this I cant RAID0 them, also I cant use them together to save time, i do high load write operation and I cant save...
Hello,
Basically because of this I cant RAID0 them, also I cant use them together to save time, i do high load write operation and I cant save time and split it across drives.

Thanks
It might be overheating. There's also difference between first and 2nd M.2 ports, first one "feeds" from CPU and second from Chipset which also shares PCIe lines with some other PCIe slots.
I'm not aware of need for special drivers for those SSDs (W10 should have them though) so check in Device Manager > Storage Controllers. Also make sure you have latest Chipset drivers from AMD.

Solution