[SOLVED] One of two fans in Sapphire RX Nitro+ 470 8GB Just died

Jun 24, 2020
Well, im little bit worried about my gpu. I bought the GPU yesterday, When I receive it, the second fan did just broken and it wont spinning. I tought it wasnt a big problem since the first fan can spin and after that I replaced the thermal paste with MX-4. The problem is when Im test it with furmark, the temps reach to arround 90C (I set the fan speed manually at 100%) But when idle, the temps stay at 42C with 0% fan speed. My Question is, is it normal when it running at 1 fan or there is other problems? (My room temps is 22C with air conditioned)

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Well, im little bit worried about my gpu. I bought the GPU yesterday, When I receive it, the second fan did just broken and it wont spinning. I tought it wasnt a big problem since the first fan can spin and after that I replaced the thermal paste with MX-4. The problem is when Im test it with furmark, the temps reach to arround 90C (I set the fan speed manually at 100%) But when idle, the temps stay at 42C with 0% fan speed. My Question is, is it normal when it running at 1 fan or there is other problems? (My room temps is 22C with air conditioned)
You should of returned it since both fans did not work. Don't think you can even do that now since you opened it up and changed the paste for some reason.

You can try to find a replacement fan or rig one up in it's spot.

Jun 24, 2020
You should of returned it since both fans did not work. Don't think you can even do that now since you opened it up and changed the paste for some reason.

You can try to find a replacement fan or rig one up in it's spot.
Im still waiting for the replacement from Aliexpress, it was just one fan did not spinning. The other one is spinning. Do you think it just the fan problem, I mean not the other problem?